Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Edsel Ranger convertible

Sport Suburban

Here is another one of my restorations. Last year I did a 59 Edsel restoration I was itching to get this 60 Edsel Ranger convertible done also. I really like the looks of these cars and was eager to get started. I actually started with one built up and acquired another one hoping to have a better body. Once I stripped the body of the second one it was almost perfect and I built that one instead. So the only parts from the first model are the rechromed parts. Modelhaus supplied the missing convertible boot, taillight bezels, outside mirrors, whide white wall tires, and fender ornaments. Just a note that the taillight bezels on the finished model are rechromed originals from the first kit.

I still have one more buildable kit that is missing the rear Edsel emblem and some crazing in the back. I plan to build it as a mild custom!

First a few pics of before. This is the kit I actually restored, It's body, interior and chassis were much cleaner.

For giggles here is the first one that I started with.

Rear had heavy paint and a lot of crazing also bad crazing in between the fins. How about that interior.

It was replaced with a better interior that was found on eBay before kit 2 was found!

This is the current condion of the first restoration.

Beautiful model. That car gives me some nostalgic vibes. I had ordered one from an ad on the back of a comic book or a magazine then spent days anxiously checking our post office box. It never showed up. It was a huge disappointment for a 10 year old.

Very nice save, Raoul, looks great! While that color may not be "stock for '60", everyone had their version of it just a few years later, it may end up being one of those times that if you don't say anything about it not being "stock color" they will never know! Besides, that car looks really good in it.