Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 30 Model A Ford Production Halted?

Daddyfink

Simple, there are tooling issues. Why is this so hard for some to just understand

Supply and demand apparently was not met before this happened and now some are capitalizing on selling to those that missed out. I say just wait. Build something else in your pile and then build a 30 when they come back with them. 

I don't even know where I put mine! 

I was at Michaels in Hazleton PA yesterday and found two of the 30 kits on the shelf.

Thanks to you, I now know for a FACT that there are none at MY local Michaels. Thought there was one for a second, but it was a new-box '32 kit. They didn't have anything else I wanted, either, even with a 40% off coupon.

Oh well. On the way, I DID see a real restored '66 Vette roadster, 427, side pipes, on polished Torq-Thrusts, so the trip wasn't a COMPLETE waste of time. B)

Simple, there are tooling issues. Why is this so hard for some to just understand

Supply and demand apparently was not met before this happened and now some are capitalizing on selling to those that missed out. I say just wait. Build something else in your pile and then build a 30 when they come back with them. 

I don't even know where I put mine! 

I know where mine is, it's in box AZ-RM-24 in storage unit #4  (according to my database). 

I really don't get this 40% coupon thing.  I mean, if everyone uses them it's meaningless; why don't they just price them at 40% off?  It puts me in mind of Nigel Tufnell... "these go to eleven".

Before I had a phone that would pull up a coupon......I'd print two off and give one away.....so many people had never known of the coupon available. It's to get regulars back in and buy more than one item.....

Before I had a phone that would pull up a coupon......I'd print two off and give one away.....so many people had never known of the coupon available. It's to get regulars back in and buy more than one item.....

Prior to having a local Hobby Lobby I used the Michaels 40% off coupons.  If I didn't see anything I needed, I'd find a lady in the store with a big item in her cart and give her the coupon.  Instant smile.   Once the new Hobby Lobby opened here in town earlier this year I was standing in the model aisle and there was a guy in his 30s looking at a ship model. We got talking, and I showed him the coupon on my phone.  He said he was debating buying the kit because it was expensive, but the coupon sealed the deal. He also bought paint and supplies for the kit.

I like to think I'm a fair person, so I've always felt disdain for those who try to beat the system, The last time I was in Hobby Lobby I bought two cans of paint. One at 40% off and one at retail.  I remember one guy bragging on the boards that he'd bring his two small kids along with him and all three get on the check out line, each with a kit and a coupon.  It hit me that it was setting a real good example for those kids... Dad teaches them how to scam a store, watch Dad take care of himself, and neither kid got anything!

Prior to having a local Hobby Lobby I used the Michaels 40% off coupons.  If I didn't see anything I needed, I'd find a lady in the store with a big item in her cart and give her the coupon.  Instant smile.   Once the new Hobby Lobby opened here in town earlier this year I was standing in the model aisle and there was a guy in his 30s looking at a ship model. We got talking, and I showed him the coupon on my phone.  He said he was debating buying the kit because it was expensive, but the coupon sealed the deal. He also bought paint and supplies for the kit.

I like to think I'm a fair person, so I've always felt disdain for those who try to beat the system, The last time I was in Hobby Lobby I bought two cans of paint. One at 40% off and one at retail.  I remember one guy bragging on the boards that he'd bring his two small kids along with him and all three get on the check out line, each with a kit and a coupon.  It hit me that it was setting a real good example for those kids... Dad teaches them how to scam a store, watch Dad take care of himself, and neither kid got anything!

Good points. If there's no one around I'll leave my coupon there on the shelf where hopefully someone will find it.

One day I had this overwhelming urge to get a kit, I forget what it even was, so I had my HL coupon link on my phone and off I went. They actually had the kit on the shelf but with the 40% off the kit was still more money than I could get the kit for from multiple sources. Of course, I bought it and took the hit. I have not been back though. I think HL prices many of their items to offset the 40% off and if you pay full price for something you are really getting beaten up.

2nd quarter next year. 

As we near the 2nd quarter of 2017, has anyone heard any further news about production resuming?

Just curious – I’ve got the itch to get my hands on some more kits with my stock for these kits is dwindling.  I realize that “2nd quarter of 2017” is a big an vague time line.

Only industry I;ve seen where the buyer wants 40% off retail. Try that with a Ford dealer. 

Did a show last Sat, had older rare stuff priced well below market. Guys still offered 50% ask. LOL. MIB IMC Chaparral 2E and Lola T70 at $40, offered me $25. Pound sand. If they were serious, many were, they paid without a peep. I let them go for 35 to guys who'd build them, not flip on eBay. New kits I bought and said WTF did I buy that, resold less than I paid to get out of my sight. Less than 40% off. I brought that stuff home. Did 1k of sales and only unhappy people were the guys that wouldn't take a good, fair deal. Lots of grails went home, and I missed none.

30 kit sold well. RM aren't dummies. Production accidents happen. It'll be back soon enough. Hope the guys ripping beak on eBay choke on them.  

Or, it's a giant Illuminati/Military-industrial plot to crush the hobby :)

Hey guys,I just received an e-Mail from Ed Sexton, in reply to the Revell '29 roadster and '30 coupe,his

Reply was ; Shaun,Thank you for interest concerning this kit,We are expecting to Resolve this issue shortly,please be patient with us,we are diligently working to solve this problem IF  and when the issue is resolved we will advise all of our customerd,and issue new part#s

• Xingu locked this topic