Model Cars Magazine Forum

Howmet Mark II

aurfalien

Hi,

This was a sneak in between builds build (1/25 MPC CanAm) which was missing tires, wheels and headlights.  So I improvised.

It's a great kit, full of serious potential into making a mega full detail if one desires.  Like what Phildaupho is doing with his Lola T70 which is spectacular.  Imagine that level on this kit; WOW!.

I did notice that my Tamiya Lacquer Flat Clear gummed up and buggerfied the tires so I had a hell of a time fixing that.  So I switched to Tamiya Flat Clear acylic.

Anyways, a GREAT kit and GREAT fun.

I agree!!!! I have a few of the reissued versions plus both originals unfortunately poorly built, but in mint boxes. I still see the roadster version cheap so I don't know if sales would merit retooling/backdating the the kit but we can hope. 

That being said I really like this build, I think the different wheels give it a cool vibe. Looks more international I guess is the best way I can describe it while the mag's that came in the kit certainly gave it the more American bred/built look. Cool!!

Edited by Phirewriter