Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Vending Machine

Casey

Wow!  They got a license to produce genuine Coca-Cola decals. Nowadays more and more companies don't bother with the licensing - they just issue generic decals.

What is cool to see is that with these retro-kits and retro-packaging the model companies are obviously going after the old-coots who are still building models.  But they will also cost more than the original $2! :)

Edited by peteski

I remember going to the Sportsnsationals in Bowling Green in the mid 70's and almost lost it when I saw this car driving down a side road. I don't know if it was going to a trailer or what but totally freaked out. Couldn't convince my Dad to turn around and give it chase.

more cool pic! and different side pipes ?

Must've been refreshed some time after the New Coke debacle in 1985, as the "Coca-Cola Classic" name didn't exist until then. Looks like the side "doors" are a darker color, too.

I'm curious to see which "Pad printed rear tires" Round2 is going to include, as the original (then) lo-pro "Indy" style tires are very consistent with what was considered cutting edge back then.

I'm curious to see which "Pad printed rear tires" Round2 is going to include, as the original (then) lo-pro "Indy" style tires are very consistent with what was considered cutting edge back then.

I'm curious too. Would really like to see Round 2 work their pad-printing magic on a set of big 'n little "Indy" tires.

I'm curious too. Would really like to see Round 2 work their pad-printing magic on a set of big 'n little "Indy" tires.

I wonder if they'll be these, which will appear first(?) in the Ice Cream Truck show rod kit?:

MPC857-tires-300x214.jpg