Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where are the Revell Black Widow Posts???

Guys, I need to clarify my original post on the Black Widow.

First, it IS coming. Nothing abut that has changed.

Like that which was said earlier the original kit number was canceled because a new one is being issued. Someone in marketing probably mistook that as cancellation.

Second, I also gave out info on other variations that were supposed to be coming. Turns out that was idle speculation that I took as fact and attributed to someone who was not even involved. Believe me, I've caught hell for that and probably cost myself untold hours of sleep over the holiday not to mention couple of friendships.

When I saw the post over at the other board was starting to turn ugly I thought I needed to speak up to defend REVELL from the pitchforks and torches crowd, and in my zeal I confused facts with idle out-loud thinking.

Bottom line - we're getting the Widow, after that is anybodies guess.

You may now turn those pitchforks and torches on me.

Edited by Len Carsner

Second, I also gave out info on other variations that were supposed to be coming. Turns out that was idle speculation that I took as fact and attributed to someone who was not even involved. Believe me, I've caught hell for that and probably cost myself untold hours of sleep over the holiday not to mention couple of friendships

quite regrettable, but also understandable, cuz you're not affiliated with the company and you don't see what the possible consequences for them could be.

Do hope the damage isn't permanent meaning "you're out of the circle of trust" (like Robert De Niro says in the movie meet the fockers) but that this is a lesson to be very careful and to ispense only what has been approved for public consummation.

Believe me, I've see lotsa interesting things at my work, but........ :blink::D

quite regrettable, but also understandable, cuz you're not affiliated with the company and you don't see what the possible consequences for them could be.

Do hope the damage isn't permanent meaning "you're out of the circle of trust" (like Robert De Niro says in the movie meet the fockers) but that this is a lesson to be very careful and to ispense only what has been approved for public consummation.

Believe me, I've see lotsa interesting things at my work, but........ :blink::D

Yeah, I've pretty much relegated myself to the fact that I'm not likely to be welcome at many modeling shows or events anytime soon.

Probably just as well, I'm not sure I can face many people right now. It was great while it lasted, I had a good time.

I'll see you guys around some time.

LC

LC,

Don't sweat it, we all make mistakes or speak out of school. I am sure your intention was to inform, not spread malicious lies or misinformation. In time, if those that got upset with you are reasonable folk, they will understand what truly happened.

I personally feel that you have been redeemed by your outstanding posts on the upcoming Nova and the WIP reports. I have preordered three of these kits based upon your reporting of the quality and detail in the kit. I was planning on just one but you convinced me to up that to three!

I sure hope you can do the same for the Black Widow, because I think all of us here have appreciated the Nova posts and would like to see the same on the B-W.

Hang in there, get that sleep back and remember, it is only a hobby! :D

Mike

good news. I've never built a 57 Chevy. but I will have to buy a 150 kit. I like building mainstreamers, and this one will scream for me to build it.

since there are some people in the know here at Revell. what the heck is going on with the 87 Cutlass and 87 Regal kits. it seems like thes kits are all tooled up (Samples at the ihobby show), but was recently listed as "discountinued". have they been delayed like the 57 Chevy or canceled all together (which I hope not, I want to build an 87 Hurst Cutlass, and a drag car out of the 87 Regal)

Yeah, I've pretty much relegated myself to the fact that I'm not likely to be welcome at many modeling shows or events anytime soon.

Probably just as well, I'm not sure I can face many people right now. It was great while it lasted, I had a good time.

LC

Len, are you kidding us??

Dude. Any little goof about a cancellation is more than offset (for REVELL, much less any show-goers with sand in their panties) by the wonderful preview you and Bill orchestrated for the '69 Nova.

I for one am now doubly happy to hear the '57 is still on the schedule, along with a possible cousin. And I can't be the only one.

So don' worry 'bouddit!

LC

Oh Stop That!! How Emo! Suck it up and get back here.

I thought the Porsche Spiders only came in Silver......

Shows how much I know.

Maybe I should build a model, or two.

:-)

With all seriousness aside, as I stated before, the Internet can spread an idea, post, rumor, or conversation worser than a wildfire on hot summer day.

And yes, the rumors of MCM going away are just that, not matter what you may see on the radio....

As my good friend Wes told me a year or two ago, I have to start delegating, and that's what is happening now.

It's been almost ten years, and it's been just the start.

You will see more involvement from others, better quality, on timelinessesesses, lesser misteaks, ect, ect, ect.....

What the hell am I talking about?

No one knows, they never doo

That's what da voices in my head say, anyway.....

go sleep,

yes boss

what a dork....

Len, you got nothing to worry about.

Your work speaks for itself.

I hope to see many decades more of stuff from you, hopefully all here in MCM.

LC

Don't sweat it Len. If anyone wants to give ya the stinkeye over something so trivial, please use your rights as a rational card carrying member of the human race and invite them to get a life.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where are all of these posts?

Here's a new one (post, that is). Revell had a NICE built up example (unpainted and no chrome) test shot at the '08 iHobby show. I think we won't see the finished kit until spring of '09, but it's certainly in the works! I see a straight axle drag type '57 in my future!

Have patience. The kit WILL see the light of day.

Looks like it's going to be sharp...that FI engine looks sweet also.

By the way, what is the strange hot rod in the first 3 pics--looks like a bathtub for a cab!

I'm pretty sure that's an old Show Rod called the Bathtub Buggy that's being re-issued.

Those Show Rods aren't my thing so if somebody here knows more about it feel free to jump in.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Black Widow kit. I had been bugging Ed Sexton for several years to do one. Looks like he finally found a way to shut me up about it.

-Steve

I'm pretty sure that's an old Show Rod called the Bathtub Buggy that's being re-issued.

Those Show Rods aren't my thing so if somebody here knows more about it feel free to jump in.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Black Widow kit. I had been bugging Ed Sexton for several years to do one. Looks like he finally found a way to shut me up about it.

-Steve

Never been into show rods either, thought it was pretty offbeat.

I may have to get 2 of the '57, do a stock one and a beater/rod. I saw an email ad recently for Hot Rod mag that had a car that would look great in 1:25th--a rusty, red primered '57 2dr sedan w/ American Racing 5-spoke wheels in the front and what looked like black steelies in the back.

I'm really looking forward to the Challenger kits from AMT and Revell, as well as the '68 Mustangs and the '08 Bullitt Mustang.

• 2 weeks later...