Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ed Erbeck Jr; ie CrazyEd

It is with great sadness that I post the passing of my friend and my art director for builds; Ed Erbeck Jr, he passed quickly and w/o pain.

I actually met Ed here were he reached out to me because of my interest in Chaparrals.  He was a Chaparral nut case!

We quickly became friends and now on occasion when visiting this forum, I have a tight feeling in my chest as it reminds me of him.

I became dependent on him for his opinion on builds, wheel/tire combo, color combo etc... which I no longer have.  But most importantly I've lost a friend.

He was of the highest caliber as is his dear wife Carol.

I'm grateful to Ed for having reached out to me and becoming my friend.

Carol wishes to give this community, his friends, an opportunity to buy some of his treasures.

Message me off list for his rather impressive collection of race car related books and kits.

At first I was going to simply post a list but do not wish to violate forum rules.

Ed was the one who posted the beautiful pictures, many of sunsets. Sorry to hear of his passing, will miss his pictures, thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Hi,

Ah yes, you remember.

Yes and he's been a long time member of this forum.  His photography was first rate as was his taste in race cars.

Damm. I'm very sorry to hear that. His last visits to the board were back in November of 2016, so it seems.

He had a genius with the camera, and his photos made my day regularly. A genuinely nice guy, too. I'll miss him.

I thought I'd saved some of his photos he put up here on my own drive, but I haven't found them yet...and it seems the PhotoBucket folks have locked all his online images.

Damm. I'm very sorry to hear that. His last visits to the board were back in November of 2016, so it seems.

He had a genius with the camera, and his photos made my day regularly. A genuinely nice guy, too. I'll miss him.

I thought I'd saved some of his photos he put up here on my own drive, but I haven't found them yet...and it seems the PhotoBucket folks have locked all his online images.

Hi and thank you Bill.

Have you tried that Chrome/Firefox plugin which allows you to view PB pics from free accounts?

I'll try and report back.

I echo many of the thoughts shard. I never met Ed although we had numerous pm messages at one time. We shared the love of road racing in the 60's. Ed was talented. His talents went beyond his builds but he was talented in sharing so many of us could be better builders. He's one of many builders that I have come to look forward to seeing their work, their advice. 

I trust he was a good man in person. He was a good man here. Please convey to his wife my condolences.