Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOME CURRENT ROUND 2 INFO TODAY...

AC Norton

4 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Interesting to see the '40 Ford back so soon..they RD'ed it a few years ago...I wonder if this reissue will have different retro box art, since there are many to choose from...

At a recent real car show talk turned to model cars. Of the five of us talking about the good old days (I was the only current builder) all of us had the 40 Ford.....kinda universal I think.  And they all remembered it was AMT! 

JR Salvino is showing that all it takes is time, money and desire to start our own model company.......

AMT still has tooling in a vault......I can see their logic. 

Today is so far from the 1960's or even the 1980's. Remember MPC sold over 1 million Duke's Chargers. 

Any one million sellers in the last 20 years??? We are a micro group of hobbyist.. 

Edited by Dave Van

I love the reissues..... I can never have enough 40 fords and getting a chance at kits not seen in years is wonderful. That Mack is on my list for sure. I am sure they will be getting some new stuff out, but til then, I am satisfied with their offerings.

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

3 have been reissued--Avanti, Mustang, and Ranchero.  The Sting Ray is coming next month.  4 left. 

Your right! Four down. With four more to go. Come on Round 2, let's see those last four before I get too old. And senility or death comes knocking. 

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I wonder how that '32 Ford got built in 1/32 scale, seeing as how none of those kits included an engine...

Artistic license. Just like the stuff pictured in the Johnson Smith ads inside the front cover of the same comic this was in.

Image result for johnson  smith company

On 8/3/2018 at 2:20 AM, Phirewriter said:

I wouldn't disagree, just selfish wants. I have a 1/32 track and like to build period style (60's) cars to race as I have a rather large collection of vintage parts. I have modern stuff too but the old stuff can sometimes be more fun. 

Wish I could get the guys that I race with interested in doing something like that.

12 hours ago, Mark said:

I wonder how that '32 Ford got built in 1/32 scale, seeing as how none of those kits included an engine...

The kid said it was a two-kit combo - he just didn't mention which two kits tango_face_grin.png.eeba298aa604f54608b5b4f8575124be.png.

Gotta buy a Pyro, Aurora, or Lindberg hot rod for the rest of those bits, which is why the Kat looks a bit skeptical...

kat.JPG.8929411643b9d80ee745116877ce1ec8.JPG

On 8/8/2018 at 8:33 AM, SfanGoch said:

Artistic license. Just like the stuff pictured in the Johnson Smith ads inside the front cover of the same comic this was in.

Image result for johnson  smith company

I got the latest Johnson Smith's catalog in the mail yesterday. Sad to say, they carry none of the cool stuff like the above anymore. They mostly carry political stuff, tee shirts and other things. Seen on TV stuff. New age books. And one page of adult stuff that I was a bit offended by. Stuff I would not want a minor to see. The innocence of my youth is gone! So is the fun of the Johnson Smith's catalog. 

Edited by unclescott58

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Brett Barrow said:

Does he mention how many Piranha drag cars were built in real life? 

I believe there's a 7 minute section of double speak and back talking all about it...not to mention there are two bodies to the dragster, one of which is clear.