Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Future Releases Interesting

regular guy

According to Hobbylinc these are on the way.

Fireball 500. Believe it was used in Fireball 500 Elvis movie.

1958 Edsel Pacer. Edsel was only made a couple years.

1962 Pontiac Catalina Polyglas Gasser I. Guess they felt it was worth another issue. They just released a drag stock and custom one.

1965 Lincoln Continental.The one we have from 10 years ago is a curbside kit. Includes station wagon version and rare plexiglass top.

1966 Ford Fairlane GT. Probably different than Ford with Nascar version on boxtop they just rereleased. Might be the 390 version.

1966 Mercury Hardtop. Mercury Marauder MEL 430 cu in 3 two barrel option was a scary fast engine. Think this has FE engine.

Interesting batch of releases!

Edited by regular guy

2 hours ago, regular guy said:

Interesting batch of releases!

Re-releases, to be precise. You can find earlier releases on ebay, and at other places in the wild and whimsical world of cyberspace, for less than half of what these are going to sell for.

http://www.autoworldstore.com/product_p/amt904.htm

Two 1966 Ford's in one year. Yes. They did make a lot of Fords.

' The Lincoln is not curbside....not the issue I have with retro box..... '

The kit in the striped box from about 10 years ago is curbside. Whole kit is about 25 parts and even has the steel axles.

Anybody know if there was a '64 Mercury hardtop? It came out same time as '60 Ford Starliner. Back when Autoworld was taking over AMT.

If that kit has the 3 two barrel 430 with special aircleaner THAT is a rare engine!

Most people would trade it for a SOHC 427 Cammer though.;) Cammer wins hands down horsepower wise. Both just as rare though.

Mercury kit might have been a Parklane and it came with a roll bar.

EDIT Precisely it is a ''64 Hardtop Customizing Kit'.'Marauder Fastback' is in bold below it.

Edited by regular guy

The 64 Mercury Marauder ht has been reissued at least 3 times in the last 20 years.  

I'm not aware of a curbside version of the 65 Continental conv. It's always had wire axles; that was the standard approach for 60s annuals.  All the ones I have from the annual through the most recent reissue have an engine.  

By the way, Mercurys did not come with the 430 after 1960. The biggest engine in a Mercury for '61 was a 390. There were a few rare 427s in full-size Mercurys in the mid-60's. 1966 saw the introduction of the 410 (FE not MEL) and 428. The 429 in '69. But, no factory 430s in Mercurys after 1960. 

Edited by unclescott58

It also needs to be mentioned that the Marauders in '63, '64, '65 were not a Mercury model per say. The Marauder name was used on any Mercury non Breezaway hardtop body style. In 1963 you could have your Marauder in either the Monterey, Monterey Custom, or Monterey S-55 series. For '64 and '65 you could get the Marauder body style in Monterey, Montclair, or Park Lane series. For 1969 and '70 the Marauder and Marauder X-100 were a special, seperate series, from the other Montereys and Marquises of the time. It should also be noted, throughout the late 50's, and most of 60's, the big Mercury V8s were referred to as Marauder engines. 

Edited by unclescott58

The 3 two barrel package engine was the Super Marauder. First engine to hit 400 hp.

1958 Edsel Pacer.

That kit is pretty unique. Henry Ford started a new division named after his son.

Ford was huge from the Model T up to the 70's.When you travel it is no mistake that you see a Walmart and a Ford dealer next to each other in

hundreds of these small towns still.That's a long time to be dominate. Lot of dollars went into the bank there.

1 hour ago, regular guy said:

The 3 two barrel package engine was the Super Marauder. First engine to hit 400 hp.

1958 Edsel Pacer.

That kit is pretty unique. Henry Ford started a new division named after his son.

Ford was huge from the Model T up to the 70's.When you travel it is no mistake that you see a Walmart and a Ford dealer next to each other in

hundreds of these small towns still.That's a long time to be dominate. Lot of dollars went into the bank there.

Bob you need to learn a little bit of history. Henry Ford had nothing to with the Edsel automobile. Henry died in 1947. 4 years after Edsel his son. The three Ford grandchildren were running the company from the mid 1940's on. They were Henry Ford II, and his Benson and William. And Ford has been huge since the Model T on to today. Though most years from 1926 (the last year for the T) until recent years Chevrolet out sold them. You've been making a lot of interesting statements here based on half truths or out right ignorants of the facts

By the way, you are correct about the Mercury Super Marauder 430 with 3 two-barrels as being the first regular American production car to be rated at 400 h.p. That was in 1958. And 1958 only. 

Edited by unclescott58

10 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I wouldnt call them interesting, but to each their own, I would call them pretty darn boring, but I am not the demo that they want money from.

I sure that is going to make a lot of guys happy, so that is good.

X2

All of these kits depict cars older than my parents.

10 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Bob you need to learn a little bit of history. Henry Ford had nothing to with the Edsel automobile. Henry died in 1947. 4 years after Edsel his son. The three Ford grandchildren were running the company from the mid 1940's on. They were Henry Ford II, and his Benson and William. And Ford has been huge since the Model T on to today. Though most years from 1926 (the last year for the T) until recent years Chevrolet out sold them. You've been making a lot of interesting statements here based on half truths or out right ignorants of the facts

By the way, you are correct about the Mercury Super Marauder 430 with 3 two-barrels as being the first regular American production car to be rated at 400 h.p. That was in 1958. And 1958 only. 

Actually, the last year fro the T was 1927. But yes I agree with you about your other statements.

1 hour ago, rickcaps55 said:

Your right Dave I'm 65 and I have had and have almost every issue from the first in fact I have a first issue it was never a curbside.

Yeah, I'm 47 and have most all the issues of the '61-69 Continentals...IIRC, only the '61 annuals were curbsides.