Model Cars Magazine Forum

One Piece at a Time (Show Rod)

James2

On 3/25/2018 at 2:48 PM, James2 said:

So far, 32 Ford frame, Flintstone body, Dodge Red Ram engine and sectioned 58 Chevy tail piece. Got a lot to do but I will try to focus while gathering parts for this one...

IMG_6546-vi.jpg

I like the idea for the bed, but may I suggest flattening out the trunk area - it looks a little lumpy to me. The roof is a good call. Now how about using the Impala headlights or using the turn signals for the headlights to complete the theme. Impala steering wheel is a natural for this too!

Thanks Pat, the hump stays, I'm liking the roof also. I have a plan for the grill and will disclose when mocked up. Haven't given the interior any thought yet but I am working on the suspension, trying to get it up on shoes... 

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I like the idea for the bed, but may I suggest flattening out the trunk area - it looks a little lumpy to me.

I was going to suggest the same thing when I first saw this, but I've never seen a model James has built that I didn't love how it looked when done. I figured I'd just wait to see him work his magic.

Is the trim around the taillight area close enough to the roof side angle to partially duplicate there?  Also wondering about continuing the rear fender trim accent around the body.  Not sure about the exaggerated front axle hanger - seems to hide too much grille.  This design is coming together beautifully!

What's the name of that fellow out east that built quite a few of these types of constructs?

Augie something, anyway , he was always putting old and new together. Mustangs and '32 Fords.

Corvettes and '27 Ford Coupes. Great eye for proportion.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:44 AM, James2 said:

IMG_6641-vi.jpg

I'm liking this shot.

Car has a reclined, leaned back stance to it. Like it's saying "I'm cool and I know it"

This car would be a drive-in hit!

I think quad headlights would give it an early 60s vibe. Put down low just above the springs on either side of the radiator shell, they would emphasize the wide track of the axle perfectly. 

• James2 changed the title to One Piece at a Time (Show Rod)