Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your TV and movie cars!

Oldcarfan27

??The Brady Bunch,the Brady Bunch,??....They had some cool cars on that show..I remember the episode when Greg buys a 56 Chevy beater.Caveat Emptor,,Buyer beware.:lol:Growing up,I always liked the station wagons,and of course that blue convertible Barracuda..Most of their cars were Mopars,with the exception of a couple of Chevys.

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.PNG

3 hours ago, disconovaman said:

In comparison I guess the Rivera is the best option for the 65-66. I can't think of a better solution. 

In another thread this subject was brought up about roof sections for a '65-'66 Impala Sport Sedan. Someone suggested the roof off of the Monogram '64 GTO which to my eyes has about the correct contours in the C pillar area. Now that would be 1/24, so you'd have to do some tweaking, but there's also the separate roof section in the AMT '65 GTO which you could tweak.

Hadn't thought about the '67-'68 Camaro roof for the full size Chevy four door hardtops........with some work that would do also!  

Edited by MrObsessive

5 hours ago, disconovaman said:

The AMT 67- 68 camaro c-pillar gets the best results if you're doing a 67 4door hard top. In comparison I guess the Rivera is the best option for the 65-66. I can't think of a better solution. 

Don't forget the '69--same roof. In fact, the old Monogram '69, being 1/24 and completely outclassed today for any serious use, might be the best choice of all. I recently picked up a cheap Monogram '69 glue bomb just to harvest its roof for this conversion. Of course I'll post progress, if and when I ever make any. :lol:

I've always had a thing for film cars. I'm constantly insearch for a real screen used TV/movie car. I never wanted something overly popular though. A guy in my town owns one of the thunderbirds from Thelma and Louise. 

I have to say when I found spencer1984 http://spencer1984.com I found a fascination for film star car models. The dedication is showcased with each movie replica. This thread has proved he is not alone. Great job on all the TV and movie star cars, keep em rolling!

Looking over my collection of built kits, I just have one TV car! While the Mach 5 was just a "cartoon car", I tried to build what might be a street legal version if the car existed in 1:1. I built this back in the early '90's-----long before the internet and long before any computer or digicam. Also waaaaay before I noticed any model kits of this car which are out there now.

I used the lower section of a forlorn Italeri Ferrari 250 GTO------the front fenders are the custom fenders out of the AMT Silhouette kit. The headrest, fins, rear deck, etc were all scratchbuilt using good 'ole sheet plastic, CA glue and putty. The wheels came out of the Testor's Metal Series AMX kit, and as soon as I saw those I said "MACH 5!" :D

Everything else came out of the parts box, and IIRC it took something like maybe six months to get this one together.

P4043803-vi.jpg
P4043807-vi.jpg
P4043808-vi.jpg
P4043806-vi.jpg
P4043805-vi.jpg

I just remembered that I also built a model of MPC's K.I.T.T. back in the late '80's, but that's sitting in a box in several pieces as it didn't survive a couple moves. I may take some time out and restore that one some time.

1 hour ago, spencer1984 said:

That's just brilliant! I had completely forgotten about the Laser Jeeps, nicely done!

Thanks Bill!  V is one of my all time favorite shows.  I actually built 2 of the laser Jeeps.  One is mine and the other is going to someone else.

IMG_9467.JPG

IMG_9469.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 8:37 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Ponch's Firebird from everybody's favorite motorcycle police show,CHiPs...lol.Now I just have to find a kit to match his car.When I was a kid,I always thought Ponch's car was really cool,for lack of a better word.

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3274.JPG

Originally featured in the movie "Corvette Summer" 

Related image

Image result for corvette summer trans am

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, Bob Ellis said:

Did you use a 65 Riviera roof back to make a 4 door sports roof?

yes I did not a very good choice to narrow cut it in half down the middle then filled in lucky for me had 2 parts bodies 

think the camaro would have been a better choice

18 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Pretty cool! But, that Firebird needs more scoops and a Chicken delete 

True on the scoops. On his build up, he was making them out of sheet plastic, but for some reason they never ended up on the hood.

I always thought the color of the car was more of a copper or orange/bronze, but I didn't build it. I just thought the cars were a cool pair anyway. 

As far as the chicken, Ponch's car did (sometimes) have one, there are lots of online pics that show it.

Come to think of it, if I can get ahold of that gold bird, I do have a junker 70 T/A to use as a base. And I can copy his idea for the Formula/TA hood. Might be fun! Now which version do i want to make - burned, wrecked or rolled.

Hot_Firebird.jpg.52e39ad3b9125018f1867716d4927f0c.jpg

i050077.jpg.866befddcb0249390e5de4ef9defe357.jpg

180px-Damagedcar.jpg.9fe7a7f1b2f6cf214dad305986080af4.jpg

RolloverFirebird.jpg.df48ba65ec5696e906c3ef440488844e.jpg

TotaledFirebird.jpg.5ddae911c16c59f1d2a80a13222dd84f.jpg

Decisions, decisions....

Edited by Oldcarfan27

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

True on the scoops. On his build up, he was making them out of sheet plastic, but for some reason they never ended up on the hood.

I always thought the color of the car was more of a copper or orange/bronze, but I didn't build it. I just thought the cars were a cool pair anyway. 

As far as the chicken, Ponch's car did (sometimes) have one, there are lots of online pics that show it.

Come to think of it, if I can get ahold of that gold bird, I do have a junker 70 T/A to use as a base. And I can copy his idea for the Formula/TA hood. Might be fun! Now which version do i want to make - burned, wrecked or rolled.

Hot_Firebird.jpg.52e39ad3b9125018f1867716d4927f0c.jpg

i050077.jpg.866befddcb0249390e5de4ef9defe357.jpg

180px-Damagedcar.jpg.9fe7a7f1b2f6cf214dad305986080af4.jpg

RolloverFirebird.jpg.df48ba65ec5696e906c3ef440488844e.jpg

TotaledFirebird.jpg.5ddae911c16c59f1d2a80a13222dd84f.jpg

Decisions, decisions....

Found this one right here on the site! With a Chicken! 

m0DJIzxo-vi.jpg