Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Ford Mustang II Cobra II

echoxrayniner

I got my hands on a rather cheap practically new '75 Mustang Mach 1 kit by MPC after losing out on an actual '76 Cobra II kit by MPC, thinking I'd just make it a Mach 1 like I previously did with the AMT kit just to see how well it goes together and how accurate it would be compared(well, easily twice as good as the AMT Mustang II, for certain) but then I found the set of Cobra parts by Missing Link on eBay and thought I'd put my recently designed Cobra II decals to use.

Its pretty much as it is from the box besides a few things, didn't bother sanding away the trim, something I never like to do on ancient kits cause I'm always terrified of bending/breaking something while manhandling it, for the rest its just the Missing Link Cobra II parts, a set of slotted mags from a Ford Pinto Wagon kit and... thats it, its still even got the anemic six cylinder in there. I did lose the friggin' hoodscoop at some point during painting but I gotta admit, I actually like this look a lot more.

1976cobraii-1.jpg
1976cobraii-2.jpg
1976cobraii-3.jpg
1976cobraii-4.jpg
1976cobraii-5.jpg
1976cobraii-7.jpg
1976cobraii-16.jpg