Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 road racer.

Lovefordgalaxie

After finishing to build a stock '56, that I was planning to hot rod, I was left with some left over rod parts. Since I have  built up Hot Rod '56, I decided to spice it up a bit and add the left over parts to it. 

Added a dual four barrel intake, a dual four barrel pressure hat I scratch built, and some 15" Cragars to my built '56 Hot Rod. The car already had the supercharger, but now it's a dual quad and supercharged 292. 

Still plan on adding headers, but will have to remove the engine from the car to do so, and that doesn't use to end well for me. 

Front tires are Firestone Wide Ovals, and rear tires are Good Year drag slicks. All pretty vintage AMT stuff.

Hope you guys like it. 

56 Hot Rod 001 copy.jpg

56 Hot Rod 002 copy.jpg

56 Hot Rod 003 copy.jpg

56 Hot Rod 004 copy.jpg

56 Hot Rod 005 copy.jpg

56 Hot Rod 006 copy.jpg

56 Hot Rod 007 copy.jpg

56 Hot Rod 009 copy.jpg

Very clean looking build and I like the theme. I don't remember anyone using the Canadian grill for a long time. The '56 always looked good with the Mercury tail lights. Great job on the engine, I wouldn't worry about the headers. As for the column shift, Fords didn't have the linkage issues that Chevrolet experienced at that time and they could be "power shifted" with no problems.  

I really like the modifications you have made. I have wanted to build a 53 Ford sort of like it was converted to street after being used in the Mexican Carrera Road Race. But speaking of road race mid-50s Ford I came across this 55 Ford that is all NASCAR underneath. Would make a cool model.

php04nt74_a4668fadc9d4945d227ad56b1ba7ecc741a55ebe.jpeg.jpg.09f56a0e69c1a1d3e3664ebad9d7cd5f.jpg

3 hours ago, AMC ROB said:

This is FANTASTIC! I love the Meteor grille.

Thanks!!

The 1:1 scale "V" from the Meteor will not bolt tho the Vicky grille as I did here, as the grilles from both cars are completely different, and AMT only tooled a add on "V" to be glued to the regular Ford grille.

I'm just saying that because I was tempted to make it look accurate (only the front end) and gave out as I was just reworking a older build. 

It's a cool idea tough, to build a accurate Meteor out of the AMT '56.