Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 CBR - the Vannonball Run!

Jantrix

well if I can find it in my vast collection I have a revell van I built when I was younger and it is inneed of a rebuild

ok well I looked today and I don't think I can make what I have left into a workable van so back to looking for me 

Michael

Edited by hvymtl
update my build

15 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Can I assume that the paint will be changed? Because I do not find the current motif humorous or appropriate.

Yes it will be changed. Like I said before it was just the only van I have in my stash and I had the body painted for another idea I had. 

I have figured out what I’m going to do with it to. It is almost exactly how I originally planned just instead of monster truck tires I will use the tires from the revell big game country truck. 

98071329-9279-4D3D-82F7-87706977EE61.jpeg

18 minutes ago, DPNM said:

Being no one has suggested this, if it qualifies as a "van" I will try to do something with it.

Your call.

amtronic.jpg

Only question is, if the passenger area and the "cargo" area are together, no divider or could you remove the divider? I would love to see you do something with it, as it is that thing is about as ugly as they come.

46 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

Only question is, if the passenger area and the "cargo" area are together, no divider or could you remove the divider? I would love to see you do something with it, as it is that thing is about as ugly as they come.

I looked at the instructions. Good Grief!!! They are printed HUGE! Reminds me of the old road maps from "back in the day". I don't even need my cheater glasses.

The instructions say to not use the rear glass in the front part of the vehicle if it is to be built as a one piece unit (C5). There is a partial pass through to the passenger area. I'd plan to do some modifications to it. It is rather...peculiar.

amtronic 002.jpg

Edited by DPNM

Not sure about the diecast. Do they make that VW van in a kit? I think I’ve seen the Samba Bus somewhere.. but if Ryan doesn’t have access to it I guess it wouldn’t be a big deal. I am relatively new to the CBR though. Don’t want to step on your toes.

the AMTronic will be cool. 

I’ll probably start at 7:00am! Happy new year to you all, and hope to see many posts in this thread throughout the year!:D

12 hours ago, disconovaman said:

That’s actually how I got the free candy van idea in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

That’s actually how I got the free candy van idea in the first place. 

SNL is the best! I thought it was hilarious when I seen your van! There is the guy in Canada on YouTube He says "Yeah Bud" alot and Curses funny as Hell... my son follows him on there He has the exact van you're building only it's red says free candy on the side too! 

I'll be in for this years run, but I'll be getting a later start. Probably not till March as January and February are looking pretty busy.

Converting the COE truck into a van will take more time then I'll likely have so I'll be going with something based off of this

sl16009-vi.jpg

Jimmy Flintstone '61-67 Ford Econoline van. I'll start ordering my parts soon.

Good luck to all and looking forward to seeing what gets created. 

Happy New Year.

Looks like we are going to have a few 4x4s and '55 Fords in the mix. Should be interesting that way.

Here is my update for the night. I was gone most of today unexpectedly and got home a short while ago. But I made up some graphics for my van. Since it will be a news van, it needs the appropriate livery. I have decided to call it CBR Action News. What do you all think? It showcases the continental US and the route (close enough anyways).

5c2c126ded4b4_ScreenShot2019-01-01at7_18_50PM.png.ab4dda8410fdf12f259347e8b8e6d610.png