Model Cars Magazine Forum

Iso Grifo kits.

Not a kit but a starting point.  Pattos Place in Australia offers a slot car body which you could build up into a model.  I intended to do that using a slot body  which I slathered Bondo body filler into but it stalled out when Profl24 brought out their resin kit.  

100_1208.JPG.b6c267aec3931b1c3432959d55a6ee36.JPG

7 hours ago, Pico said:

The 3d warehouse has a well proportioned but simple Iso Grifo that could be 3d printed if you know how to modify the file, or are motivated enough to learn. Body only, you would have to scratchbuild the interior, dig up a chassis from somewhere, add detail such as the window frames, etc.

Iso Grifo 3d warehouse image.bmp

Learning how to use and eventually create 3D print files is definitely something I want to do.  Any good resources you have would be welcome.  I did find this file of a Grifo on TurboSquid.  It looks really good, but how do I know if its printable?

3D Grifo.jpg

26 minutes ago, djflyer said:

Learning how to use and eventually create 3D print files is definitely something I want to do.  Any good resources you have would be welcome.  I did find this file of a Grifo on TurboSquid.  It looks really good, but how do I know if its printable?

3D Grifo.jpg

I haven't used any of Turbosquid's files but my66s55 on the 3d print discussion has; best to ask him. However, I don't think that it is printable as it is. I am fairly certain the body file is a membrane; it has no thickness. In order to print, the file has to have thickness, must not have any holes in it and no geometry inside it. Here's a good basic tutorial : https://all3dp.com/sketchup-3d-printing-tutorial/

1 hour ago, djflyer said:

3D Grifo.jpg

This one should not be real complected. Turbosquid is the last resort for files. They are the middle man"s middle man. Expensive.