Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

What year is that? It's a C4, right? I need one for my Vette collection just to have something of every generation. 

I'm interested in it, but not if you're asking an FM-type price for it. I'm a Welly/MotorMax/Maisto kinda guy, remember? B)

Email me.   I was kinda thinking of you when I put that up.    You still have my email?   Or PM me - we'll figure it out.   These are mostly rock bottom even on ebay if you want a nicer one.   Not trying to talk you out of it, just putting it out there.  

2 hours ago, 57peppershaker said:

Yep, very cool 57. Although dissapointed that it doesnt come with a hood and has bel air long spears, not the 210 short versions. Batterys in the trunk along with a Cragar spare.

Also shame its not available in Orange with a hood n not blown.....

It looks good - not sure it has a hood anymore?  The real one.  Here's what it looks like most recently after HotRod Gaerage redid it somewhat.  https://www.hotrod.com/articles/driving-project-x-iconic-1957-chevy/

And it does have the BelAir fin spears.  And the inserts in the side sweeps as well.

6 hours ago, randyc said:

And I ALMOST got the whole lot of mint cars for less than $50 each with shipping - just a little over.  I think I did ok.  I have never run across ONE of these for less than $50, usually before shipping.  This was a Facebook deal, not an ebay deal.  

Great price on those beautiful cars,  Randy!

As much as I read Popular Hot Rodding in the seventies I never had an interest in Project X. It wasn't until Hollywood Knights when I saw and heard it move, it became interesting. That's a beautiful diecast, but the rear wheel openings are stock on the diecast. On the Hollywood Knights version and for a long time the were radiused and flared. I can't remember when they took them back to stock.

Didn't get it yet, but Sunday at the toy show I looked at a WIX '67 GTO. I was very impressed--it was beautiful! Guy wanted $50 for it, which would have been about twice as much as I've ever paid for any diecast. Couldn't talk myself into it. 

Just went on eBay to see what they were selling for. Saw quite a few in the $30 range (plus one at $500! :blink:) but shipping would have put these all in the $40+ range. But found one, no box, "light wear and a few scratches, mirror missing," for just $19 including shipping. Many pics and it looked good, so I bought it. 

I'm currently wrapping up the Snake-Fu of a Federated '64 GTO, so this will give me diecast GTOs of '64, '65, '66, '67, and '69. Did anyone ever do a cheap diecast '70 or '71-'72? 

I picked up my first M2 Machines 1/24 release a number of years ago. Releases 5 and 6 Boss Mustangs. I couldn't believe you could get 1/24 scale cars with such nice detail for $19.99. This is release 74. The quality control has been kind of lax in the last year or two. This one has some flaws that I couldn't see while it was boxed. I'll try to correct them if I can. It's different from my other Boss 302s in color and no Shaker scoop.

LHSide-vi.jpg

Engine-vi.jpg

Interior-vi.jpg

Edited by THarrison351

4 hours ago, Flat32 said:

I got a damaged DM 1925 Model T a couple weeks ago.  Liked the model so got another and then went on a buying binge. Detail is good, but it's the wheels that really turn my crank.

I would like to see pics of these please. 

On 3/3/2020 at 3:45 PM, Snake45 said:

Didn't get it yet, but Sunday at the toy show I looked at a WIX '67 GTO. I was very impressed--it was beautiful! Guy wanted $50 for it, which would have been about twice as much as I've ever paid for any diecast. Couldn't talk myself into it. 

Just went on eBay to see what they were selling for. Saw quite a few in the $30 range (plus one at $500! :blink:) but shipping would have put these all in the $40+ range. But found one, no box, "light wear and a few scratches, mirror missing," for just $19 including shipping. Many pics and it looked good, so I bought it. 

Got it today and was extremely pleased. Finish in better shape than I thought; few if any scratches. In the pix it looked like it might have been missing paint from one A-pillar but must have been a reflection; it was fine. Missing the outside rearview mirror (as advertised) and radio antenna, no big deal. Also missing a thin chrome strip on the edge of the trunk. I can either live without it or make a replacement if the mood strikes me, not a big deal. 

It has working coil springs at all four corners! :blink: Never seen that before! 

Doesn't look like it will need much Snake-Fu. Sand the tire treads and detail the Rally II wheels with some dark gray metallic paint and that should be about it. BTW, some sites seem to advertise this as 1/25 but the wheelbase specs out to 1/24. That's okay, it can sit with my 1/24 '64 and '69 Judge. My Welly '65, CMW '66 and Welly '69 can sit together on the 1/25 shelf.