Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

I've looked at these for some years and they're all over the place price wise. There appears to be four versions the cream with black top being the first, least accurate and cheapest. The maroon with tan top which is the one I have now is the second release. It has some updates to fix a few of the inaccuracies, mainly the grille chrome. The blue one with cream top and the black one with a cream top are limited editions and can go for some big bucks. I've only seen a couple of the black ones and they were ate up with rash to the point the structure was compromised. This one came with papers and is dirty. I'll follow it up with it's own topic once I've cleaned it up and polished the paint.

02052019322-vi.jpg

02052019332-vi.jpg

13 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

I've looked at these for some years and they're all over the place price wise. There appears to be four versions the cream with black top being the first, least accurate and cheapest. The maroon with tan top which is the one I have now is the second release. It has some updates to fix a few of the inaccuracies, mainly the grille chrome. The blue one with cream top and the black one with a cream top are limited editions and can go for some big bucks. I've only seen a couple of the black ones and they were ate up with rash to the point the structure was compromised. This one came with papers and is dirty. I'll follow it up with it's own topic once I've cleaned it up and polished the paint.

02052019332-vi.jpg

Very cool! I'm not much into antiques/classics but Cords are cool. 

Quick question: Was the Cord the last American car to have hidden headlights until the '63 Corvette? Come to think of it, was it the first American car with hidden headlights? The only one? 

There were De

12 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Very cool! I'm not much into antiques/classics but Cords are cool. 

Quick question: Was the Cord the last American car to have hidden headlights until the '63 Corvette? Come to think of it, was it the first American car with hidden headlights? The only one? 

There were DeSotos in the 40s with hidden headlights.    Not sure about before the Cord, though.

We have the cream version.   Came with styro and missing top.  $6 as part of the collection I bought a couple years ago.   Wife loved it for her cars.  Neither of us have any idea about the grille inaccuracy.   I've read about it, but haven't even looked at it in a couple months.   It's in a case on the shelf.    If I do a big spread on coffee table, it goes on her end of table with her cars.  We can get about 10 cars across the table if we try real hard.   I just looked it up and see the difference.   For my aesthetics, I like the bolder chrome grille of the chrome one but that could be corrected.

Apparently the cream one was supposed to be reminiscent of Tom Mix's Cord?

The maroon one seems the one you think about if you ever see one in your mind's eye.  at least I did before we got the cream one.  Did I sell you this one???  LOL  Coiuld be - sold one out of Todd's collection not long ago - last month maybe?

Nice car.  

You just reminded me--last year at the toy show I bought a Mustang promo of about this vintage that I need to find and Snake-Fu. I don't even remember what color it is--I know I saw a yellow one but I think maybe I bought a blue one. Would be a good winter project. 

That is a cool looking model.... I remember when these things came out....Very nice...My wife used to have one before I married her.... Not really... It was a V6 Mustang convertible, but she looked good in it.... ?

I just got another one of these Harley Davidson F-150's, a Dodge Ram, and a Chevy lowrider from Jada that will totally be raised and made useful....All 1/18 scalers... Gonna build some car trailers for these babies to haul....

#####20200207_183524.jpg

#####20200207_183416.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

I have a 1/43 2007 Ford Edge that came from the Quantum of Solace  movie.   In the same kind of display case.   And I can't remember if there was any other information on the base that gave up who made them.  But that is the ONLY version of hte Ford Edge I've ever seen.  My came from UK.   And there are a LOT of cars available with Bond tie ins.  Some good, some not so good.  Nice GT40, but looks like off road or rally tires?

Well, I've actually had these first two for some time. They've just been packed away. I picked them up while I was in Montreal. I swung down to Wallyworld in Plattsburgh, NY. In fact I took back the first Dodge Rebel truck I had that was white and got this one. When I look the first one out of the cheesy little box they're packed in the rear wheel fell off. It was broken off the axle. 

LHSide-vi.jpg

LHSide-vi.jpg

The M2 Machines Challenger T/A is one I've been reluctant to acquire. I've got several Challengers and 'Cudas from M2 and I like them. I just never liked the steel wheels, trim rings and dog dish hub caps on the T/As. If M2 had actually went the extra mile and finished the look with some paint I may have liked it more, but I digress. I saw this the other day at Wallyworld and thought I hadn't seen one in orange before and thought maybe I could so some Snake-Fu with those wheels. That's my plan for all three of these, a little Snake-Fu. I'll update my progress in another thread.

LHSide-vi.jpg

Huh. I saw the yellow Corvette and an orange M2 Challenger at Wally's this morning. Didn't take a close look at the Challenger, I just assumed it was yet another RT variant--it was prolly the same T/A as yours. 

But I already have the MotorMax Corvette in orange and a beautiful blue Welly T/A Challenger--in 1/25 no less! 

Got these bad boys, yesterday... 1/18 scale... I'm diggin' these babies....Trailer seems a bit wide and the deck a bit high, but then again, it's just a box on what appears to be a boat trailer frame, underneath.... But looks non the less impressive, I think....

####20200216_195447.jpg

####20200216_195523.jpg

####20200216_195550.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10