Model Cars Magazine Forum

What diecast did you get today?

Gramps46

19 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

As I said when I posted the truck and Daytona, more diecast would be posted. Here they are. It's my birthday week and my wife indulged me. 

The latest Daytona from University of Racing Legends. Buddy Bakery never won with Bob Drake sponsorship, but he did finish second at the 1970 Firecracker 400. The one race he won that year was at Darlington with Addy Dodge. The car that Cotton Owen's grandson claims was the winning car and sold as such was proven to be a show car during the time of the race and later displayed a the Darlington Museum.

2v2H4aq2dxAVNRq.jpg

This is my current favorite driver. He's young, so hopefully he won't retire out of frustration like my last driver. I wanted this especially because I worked part time for Advance Auto Parts for almost 20 years. 

2v2H4aqeyxAVNRq.jpg

Grant Enfinger, I'm trying to get all the Thorsport trucks from 2019. They are Fords in name only. I'm hoping to get Matt Crafton's Championship truck soon. All the Gander Outdoor trucks are powered by Chevy LS crate motors. Just like the ARCA cars and the K and N cars. I keep hearing rumors they might move them into the Xfinity cars. NASCAR is truly trying to kill stock car racing.

2v2H4aqbWxAVNRq.jpg

Johnny Sauter's Thorsport truck.

2v2H4aq1nxAVNRq.jpg

Danbury Mint's 1946 Dodge Power Wagon. This one needs some work. I got it cheap on a buy it now. It will have it's own topic once I do some more clean up. It's missing the spare tire. I hope to find a wrecked truck for a replacement. It come with everything else. I think the triangular piece is a hitch. The small part is a working pintle hook hitch and the other part is a PTO with a flat belt pulley.

2v2H4aqsdxAVNRq.jpg

Really great looking cars and trucks Tim!  Love the Daytona!

On 8/14/2020 at 10:34 PM, THarrison351 said:

Danbury Mint's 1946 Dodge Power Wagon. This one needs some work. I got it cheap on a buy it now. It will have it's own topic once I do some more clean up. It's missing the spare tire. I hope to find a wrecked truck for a replacement. It come with everything else. I think the triangular piece is a hitch. The small part is a working pintle hook hitch and the other part is a PTO with a flat belt pulley.

2v2H4aqsdxAVNRq.jpg

Might look at the Ertl version or the other First Gear or CP versions - I can't remeber who all made them.   THey show up kind acheap often.  I had an Ertl for a week, til a coworker insisted that she HAD to have it.   It was cheap enough and the spare should probably work.  

And NASCAR?  Oh let's not even get started on that.  But I guess they are trying to fill the fields by using a common less expensive engine?   

A couple of recnt arrivals. The VW crew cab I got since i was unable to find one of the scale prodcution resin versions, and the santana will probably never be done in plastic so I added it to my VW collection. I'll probably lower both and change the wheels at some point before they goes in the cabinet. There is also a version of the bus with surfboards but the paint schemes on them didn't appeal to me so a set of porsche 968 rims will be the only change. The santana engine plate is pretty nice for a toy and I'm sure some careful work with the micromesh polishing pads will do wonders for the paint

DSC06130.JPG

DSC06131.JPG

DSC06129.JPG

Edited by stitchdup
hit enter too quick

20 hours ago, stitchdup said:

A couple of recnt arrivals. The VW crew cab I got since i was unable to find one of the scale prodcution resin versions, and the santana will probably never be done in plastic so I added it to my VW collection. I'll probably lower both and change the wheels at some point before they goes in the cabinet. There is also a version of the bus with surfboards but the paint schemes on them didn't appeal to me so a set of porsche 968 rims will be the only change. The santana engine plate is pretty nice for a toy and I'm sure some careful work with the micromesh polishing pads will do wonders for the paint

DSC06130.JPG

DSC06131.JPG

DSC06129.JPG

IS the Santana a continuation of the old Audi Fox/VW Golf/etc platform?  Looks like it.   Longitudinal engine, basic body design. 

3 hours ago, payson said:

My first Norev car, Citroen C3 . Excellent paint job and a nice interior but the front grill and rear end are pretty lacking in detail but for the price I really can't complain.

IMG_4942.JPG

Is that 1/43?  Nice model.  Looks like it is tiny, no matter the scale.

1 hour ago, randyc said:

IS the Santana a continuation of the old Audi Fox/VW Golf/etc platform?  Looks like it.   Longitudinal engine, basic body design. 

In real life it sits above the passat of the time, being just slightly larger. It may use the audi 80/100 platform

Didn't get it, but I saw a new diecast at HL today. 

Jada "Big Time Muscle" '70 Road Runner. Size and overall shape didn't look bad, certainly not the typical Jada oversized fare. Might even be 1/25. It was Go Mango orange, with large black 5-spoke wheels, and the front and rear bumpers and entire grille were black. The all-black hood had a '69-style 440+6 scoop on it. 

Overall not horrible, and if I didn't already have somebody else's nice diecast 1/25 stock GTX in the same color, I'd have probably bought it. But decided it wasn't worth 60% of $24.99 to me. Others might find it of interest, though. 

I believe this is what I saw: 

https://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/1970-plymouth-road-runner-orange-with-black-hood-bigtime-muscle-1-24-diecast-model-car-by-jada/

Got an email from Diecastmodelswholesale announcing some interesting, affordable, and "right scale" stuff this morning: 

Welly Porsche 959, red or yellow, $14.99

Welly Mercedes AMG GT, red or yellow, $14.99

Welly Porsche 911, cream or gray, $14.99

Welly Mercedes 22, red or cream, $14.99

Welly '63 Mercedes 230SL coupe, red or cream, $14.99

Welly BMW M1 coupe, red or white, $14.99

Welly '64 Mustang coupe, red, $14.99

Motormax '55 Nomad, yellow, $14.99

Motormax '58 Impala convertible, light blue, $14.99

Motormax '67 Corvette roadster, red, $14.99. (I have one of these and it's kinda okay but by no means great.) 

At Walmart yesterday I saw another permutation of M2's '65-'66 Mustang Fastback. This one is labeled a '66 but has a '65 GT grille, is all black, with with big Hurst (shifter) logos on the sides. Don't remember what the wheels/tires were but I remember thinking they were pretty cool. I'd have bought it except I already have three other M2 Mustang I already I like better. 

Picked up a blue Maisto Chevy Colorado at HL last Thursday. Got it home and unboxed it. It looks like they ran out of paint by the time they got to the bed. Wasn't really obvious through the clear plastic on the box. I returned it yesterday. Too bad, it was nicely done otherwise. I might look online for a white one. Looks like they also make a modern Ranger as well.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, HomerS said:

1/18 Maisto 2020 Shelby Mustang GT500

Just need to find the green one

1 18 2020 Mustang GT500 orange.JPG

Just ordered two of these orange ones... One to open and one to "play" with.... I love orange... Man, that's a good looking car.... Hoping they make some in 1/24 scale....

Edited by kilrathy10

This month's purchases. Top is a Norev 1/43 Citroen C3 rally car from 2006 . The second photo is an IKA Renault Torino , a car never available in Europe. From what I’ve read this car was only sold in South America. I also believe AMC had a hand in the building of these cars. Interesting history to these.

406BEF3E-31CA-4C49-B879-70FAD4AA50CC.jpeg

C49CCD26-C87C-4DD8-A407-8A90B38B313E.jpeg

Nobody bid on this. It didn't appear to have anything wrong with it and it has a title. I got it for $27 plus shipping. It even has the removable rear seat but no tweezers or box. I've wanted one for some time, but they were always way too much or damaged beyond what I wanted to fix. In fact the one prior to this one was missing the front bumper and went for over $50.

When it arrived today, it apparently had the front bumper off too. Someone put it back on with superglue, lot's of superglue. I went back and looked at the sellers pictures and what I thought was dirt on the front bumper was superglue. And that's not all. It had superglue fingerprints all over the front end! I could just make those out in the pictures too! Fortunately, I know acetone is good for removing superglue as long as you're careful. I did get it off of all the paint except behind the bumper, but you can hardly see it anyways, and there is still a bit on the bumper in the crevices. The bumpers are actually chrome plated, so they're safe too. I'll work on it some more later. I'm just happy there is none on the wood and nothing else is damaged! Also, there is not a spec of paint rash on this car! I don't think I have one diecast like that at all!

2v2HTvHnUxAVNRq.jpg

2v2HTvHq9xAVNRq.jpg

2v2HTvHFuxAVNRq.jpg

2v2HTvHyzxAVNRq.jpg

16 minutes ago, THarrison351 said:

Nobody bid on this. It didn't appear to have anything wrong with it and it has a title. I got it for $27 plus shipping. It even has the removable rear seat but no tweezers or box. I've wanted one for some time, but they were always way too much or damaged beyond what I wanted to fix. In fact the one prior to this one was missing the front bumper and went for over $50.

When it arrived today, it apparently had the front bumper off too. Someone put it back on with superglue, lot's of superglue. I went back and looked at the sellers pictures and what I thought was dirt on the front bumper was superglue. And that's not all. It had superglue fingerprints all over the front end! I could just make those out in the pictures too! Fortunately, I know acetone is good for removing superglue as long as you're careful. I did get it off of all the paint except behind the bumper, but you can hardly see it anyways, and there is still a bit on the bumper in the crevices. The bumpers are actually chrome plated, so they're safe too. I'll work on it some more later. I'm just happy there is none on the wood and nothing else is damaged! Also, there is not a spec of paint rash on this car! I don't think I have one diecast like that at all!

2v2HTvHnUxAVNRq.jpg

2v2HTvHq9xAVNRq.jpg

2v2HTvHFuxAVNRq.jpg

2v2HTvHyzxAVNRq.jpg

Very nice!  Beautiful wood and color!