Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

I ordered one, should be in my hands Monday. I know nothing about the show. I like Chevys, but am not interested in 4 doors. I am thinking of using the non SS stuff on the new car with the SS to create a 2 door hardtop non SS. I am still hoping that we see a 2 door Bel Air or Biscayne as a future release if this does well.

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

And what else is missing from that corner that they went through the trouble to remove it? Hmmmm....

No idea...I checked the instructions and sprue of the current '67 2dr ht and don't see a part 73.  Is that the steering column w/ a turn signal lever?     Edit: I see it was answered above. 

Edited by Rob Hall

12 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

No idea...I checked the instructions and sprue of the current '67 2dr ht and don't see a part 73.  Is that the steering column w/ a turn signal lever?     Edit: I see it was answered above. 

I guess what interests me is that entire section-- runner, parts, etc. consists of entirely new parts, yet the upper left corner (I'm assuming the runner on that corner matches the other three, but perhaps it doesn't) appears to be missing.

There are also four all-new clear lenses, two of which are designed to be used with the two spotlights...what are he other two for? It seems odd four would be created if only two would ever be used...

sn2.jpg.154837588edeaefeb48fb4926c25f871.jpg

sn1.jpg.08798fe536ea51441c5055fdbd64fd59.jpg

I can see those nice spot lights finding their way onto the 1977 / 1978 Monaco ( and other applications ) .

Now , about that steering column and its shift lever... The kit still includes the 427 / 4 speed . I wonder if the 396 / TH-400 from the '68 El Camino would fit ?

7 hours ago, Casey said:

There are also four all-new clear lenses, two of which are designed to be used with the two spotlights...what are he other two for? It seems odd four would be created if only two would ever be used...

That's so you can lose or screw up two of them and still finish the model. Great idea! :D

Ironically, at least half of us won't even be using these spotlights. At least not on this model. (They might make good swap fodder, hmmmmm....)

3 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

That's so you can lose or screw up two of them and still finish the model. Great idea! :D

Ironically, at least half of us won't even be using these spotlights. At least not on this model. (They might make good swap fodder, hmmmmm....)

Yeah, I'd use them on a vintage police car...maybe the '70 Ford or '78 Monaco...

7 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I can see those nice spot lights finding their way onto the 1977 / 1978 Monaco ( and other applications ) .

Now , about that steering column and its shift lever... The kit still includes the 427 / 4 speed . I wonder if the 396 / TH-400 from the '68 El Camino would fit ?

The 396/th400 sounds like a good swap, I might try that when I get my kit. Either that, or the 454/th400 from the 70 monte carlo. 

The only thing that would really be needed to be changed to go with an automatic setup would be the transmission. The kits engine can represent any 396/427/454 engine desired since externally they're all the same save a carburetor setup. 

9 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Move the emergency bits from the ‘70 Impala kit, add some stock wheels with small caps, and you could have a Fire Chief’s car. The fire stations seemed to have dressier cars than the police, so you could get away with a four door hardtop.

15 minutes ago, 64Comet404 said:

Move the emergency bits from the ‘70 Impala kit, add some stock wheels with small caps, and you could have a Fire Chief’s car. The fire stations seemed to have dressier cars than the police, so you could get away with a four door hardtop.

Another member of the AMT Action Team!

actionteam.jpg.342dbc77c56c42fd35f102f3489128ef.jpg

Kind of neat to consider there will be three '60s/'70s American 4-door hardtop kits released within a 12 month span...doubt that has ever happened before, and likely never again.

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Another member of the AMT Action Team!

Kind of neat to consider there will be three '60s/'70s American 4-door hardtop kits released within a 12 month span...doubt that has ever happened before, and likely never again.

Lol-Just to harass the thread necromancer- 4d ht, 4d sedan, and a 2d. All big boats, that's really rare anymore :)

Thanks for all the info Casey. Be well dude. 

3 hours ago, Rbray47 said:

Either that, or the 454/th400 from the 70 monte carlo. 

Exactly . I'd neglected to mention that kit as it seemed redundant ( Mark IV engine with TH-400 trans ) , but in retrospect , I should have ( not everyone is aware of the Monte's engine / trans. ).

Heck , one can even swap the 427 / 4-speed into the 'Carlo , and make one of the extremely rare 402 / 4-speed models out of it .

1 hour ago, keyser said:

Lol-Just to harass the thread necromancer- 4d ht, 4d sedan, and a 2d. All big boats, that's really rare anymore :)

Thanks for all the info Casey. Be well dude. 

I think Casey might have been including the '78 Dodge Monaco in that group.

Just now, Bucky said:

I think Casey might have been including the '78 Dodge Monaco in that group.

LOL. Forgot, chemo brain. Couldn't pass up giving Casey a hard time, guy knows stuff earlier than anyone. Probably telepathic. ?

FWIW, there is a seller on ebay who is parting these out already. I have NO connection to them, but I bought an extra interior. I am going to use the back seat to get a correct front one. It will take a little work to make a seat back, or cut the one of the kit front seat and fill in the center area (where the speaker?) is, but a viable solution to get a more correct, matching interior.  

Edited by larman