Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT-1124 Supernatural Impala

53 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Looking good..looking forward to this...maybe someone in the aftermarket will do a set of wheel covers like on this one...

1967-chevrolet-impala-4-door-hardtop-no-post-67-chevy-supernatural-americanlisted_33754395.jpg

I have a set of those wheelcovers, but it would be nice if those were in the kit. I suspect that it'll be the wheels that the TV car has though.

Perhaps down the road Chief Joseph might 3D print a set? ?

2 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

I have a set of those wheelcovers, but it would be nice if those were in the kit. I suspect that it'll be the wheels that the TV car has though.

Perhaps down the road Chief Joseph might 3D print a set? ?

I can't recall, did the annual have those?  I have the AMT '67 ht and convertible annuals, but not handy so I can check them...

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

I can't recall, did the annual have those?  I have the AMT '67 ht and convertible annuals, but not handy so I can check them...

I do believe the annual (and maybe the promo) did have those wheelcovers. I always liked those much better than the ever present rally wheels.

11 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

I do believe the annual (and maybe the promo) did have those wheelcovers. I always liked those much better than the ever present rally wheels.

I tend to agree. It seems I remember having a set of those in the spare parts box at one point. Back when these kits were new (1967) I rarely ever used the stock wheels or wheel covers, so they ended up in the box of wheels. I'll dig around when I get a minute.

55 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I'm actually pretty surprised to see this!

Usually the modern kit companies want to produce kits that can be offered in a number of variations to maximize sales.

It's difficult to see where else you could go with this one.

They can do factory stock, police or fire chief. I have no interest in this kit. But, maybe it will do well enough that Round2 will consider other possibilities with their kits. A '68 would be a no brainer. Hopefully, this is just a beginning of things to come.

9 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Just learned it's not an "all new kit",  it's based on the AMT '67  SS.   Which is just fine!

Yeah, not that many different parts from the SS coupe..body, hood, rear glass, interior side panels, rear package shelf, wheels, bumpers. grille, taillight panel. 

Edited by Rob Hall

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

The AMT annual apparently had full wheelcovers but they had "SS" centers. The only difference between these and the "standard" ones are the centers

arzl10-CQYOHEIKTl0JGF5CABUfQlNYEkNUD11fFBZUA0dYTxwfGB5GUF07OWV4PhdNCAAFVUdKDlRUBUZKDghSVEtDCQEHVEdIW-M3hdERMWDW54FBAlL1BAEi03BVVcDgYSBVBvVBZKWgRTUEQfWAFWAlwQHFY.jpg.4b33bd794792fe02a3821e6a1d0e21ee.jpg

3007HCFront.jpg.3b6e312a4175d7889674bed45ff83ad7.jpg

Edited by Dave Toups

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

One observation on the body that looks like it's been fixed, are the rear fender "creases". Those never looked quite right to me on the two door and it seems they're fixed on the four door. ?

You've got a sharp eye, Bill. I never noticed those creases being "off" before. The new body does look a lot more correct in that area.

44 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Yes, but they had SS emblems in the centers. (Only you and I'd care, but...)

29 minutes ago, Dave Toups said:

The AMT annual apparently had full wheelcovers but they had "SS" centers. The only difference between these and the "standard" ones are the centers

arzl10-CQYOHEIKTl0JGF5CABUfQlNYEkNUD11fFBZUA0dYTxwfGB5GUF07OWV4PhdNCAAFVUdKDlRUBUZKDghSVEtDCQEHVEdIW-M3hdERMWDW54FBAlL1BAEi03BVVcDgYSBVBvVBZKWgRTUEQfWAFWAlwQHFY.jpg.4b33bd794792fe02a3821e6a1d0e21ee.jpg

3007HCFront.jpg.3b6e312a4175d7889674bed45ff83ad7.jpg

Ok............never paid attention to the SS centers, but now I see what you guys are talking about. I just like that they're not rally wheels. Those just seemed to get overused on everything and it's nice to change things up once in a while.

Maybe simple decals would fix that? ;)

21 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Thanks!

Hmmmmm. Looks better here than in the first pic. Right? Dunno, but it looks better than the Greenlight diecast. 

67ImpalaDC006.jpg.e4b5a7de6b6d8448a7d66976f03c6eee.jpg

Looks like Round2 captured the upper window line better than the diecast. That is not a bad piece at all though!

I see some really good possibilities with this one.............sedan (roof surgery needed), wagon ('66 Chevelle wagon roof as a starting point?) and police car. Thanks Round 2! I've bought very few models this year----I'd sure like to add this one to my stash!

52 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I noticed the bucket seats on the sprue. Wouldn't a four door have a bench seat?

The test shot has the buckets from the 2 door, plus a newly-tooled bench and a shift lever for the column.  

The production kits may not include the buckets.

Edited by pack rat

1 hour ago, pack rat said:

The test shot has the buckets from the 2 door, plus a newly-tooled bench and a shift lever for the column.  

The production kits may not include the buckets.

Is the 427 / 4-speed carried-over from the Super Sport ? I'm not at all familiar with the  Supernatural car ; is it a Mark IV as well ? 327 / Powerglide ? 

A conversion-to-sedan to make a 427-powered  9C1 would be sweet !