Model Cars Magazine Forum

Holy Grail build.....the INVADER!

Dann Tier

Say, with all the Invader fans here, I have a question--does anyone know the designation of the Firestone tires seen on the 1967 Oakland show version of the Invader?  You might recognize the tires from the Eldon/Doyusha Invader kit, or from MPC kits, or re-badged as Goodyears (but with the same tread pattern) in AMT kits like the '57 Corvette Street Machine.

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of another set of those 1:1 tires anywhere! I'd love to know what name to search for.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Say, with all the Invader fans here, I have a question--does anyone know the designation of the Firestone tires seen on the 1967 Oakland show version of the Invader?  You might recognize the tires from the Eldon/Doyusha Invader kit, or from MPC kits, or re-badged as Goodyears (but with the same tread pattern) in AMT kits like the '57 Corvette Street Machine.

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of another set of those 1:1 tires anywhere! I'd love to know what name to search for.

spacer.png

I notice the Astra GT sitting behind the Invader might have the same tires.(Or maybe not upon closer examination). They have a ‘69-‘72 GT racing look. GoldLines?

Edited by doggie427

On 10/12/2020 at 6:01 AM, doggie427 said:

They have a ‘69-‘72 GT racing look. GoldLines?

Maybe if people know what they are...PM me! Thanks  for the input :D
I have a zillion pics of Firestone Indy tires, but those had a completely different tread pattern. Close but no cigar :/

On 10/13/2020 at 10:37 PM, Spex84 said:

Maybe if people know what they are...PM me! Thanks  for the input :D
I have a zillion pics of Firestone Indy tires, but those had a completely different tread pattern. Close but no cigar ?

Sorry, i dont know much about the original tyres on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 2:12 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Dan, not sure if you are interested or not, but these tires are in the most recent reissue of the MPC Tigershark, and are the closest in kit form I am aware of for the Oakland Roadster show pic above. 

image.png.aeafadfba2389f5678e74d3ab4ad0334.png

Dont need them, but thanks for the heads up!!...i will have to get that kit so that i can use those tyres on something else though! -Thanks, Bud!!!

Loving your attention to tiny parts.  A few things needed to be duplicated, so it's taking twice as long.

Distraction, sorry, but I didn't know about the Kellison Astra X300GT before, learned something today.
x-kellison-astra-x300gt.jpg.6d763a735017cdf7accb19387a66e74d.jpg

Back to the regularly scheduled program......

15 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Loving your attention to tiny parts.  A few things needed to be duplicated, so it's taking twice as long.

Distraction, sorry, but I didn't know about the Kellison Astra X300GT before, learned something today.
x-kellison-astra-x300gt.jpg.6d763a735017cdf7accb19387a66e74d.jpg

Back to the regularly scheduled program......

Okay...LOL

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...