Model Cars Magazine Forum

Art Dump Truck (Holy Cow!)

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean SHOULD. I have seen pix of the real ones on the interweb. They are a fad in China. The chrome plating industry there must love to see them pulling into their shops with loads of bolt-on stuff to have made shiny. This is of course only my opinion.

Edited by misterNNL
Got blah blah blamed.

5 hours ago, Dave Van said:

It's so bad it's good!!!! I have a 1/32 kit like that but never seen a 1/24 kit!! I think I'd be cool......how much $$$$ and where???

I would never build one, but I saw it was SO over the top, I couldn't resist sharing with such a receptive audience lol.

https://www.hlj.com/1-24-scale-dump-truck-art-dump-fuj01199

Unfortunately out of stock where I originally found it but...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153646673039

Edited by Bills72sj
correct spelling error

Looks like it should be a Transformer to me. If they can get this from a Camaro: bb1.thumb.jpeg.83a60e7cc81319cb137186bbff53bd6b.jpeg

Just imagine what you could turn this dump truck into...

And I'm not a fan of the films.

The dump truck also has a slight Lego look to me too.

Edited by DPNM

1 hour ago, DPNM said:

Looks like it should be a Transformer to me. If they can get this from a Camaro: bb1.thumb.jpeg.83a60e7cc81319cb137186bbff53bd6b.jpeg

Just imagine what you could turn this dump truck into...

And I'm not a fan of the films.

The dump truck also has a slight Lego look to me too.

I get what you are saying, however that is a VW Beetle, not a Camero. 

It would be fun to get one just to see what is in the kit and if you could make something good out of it. 

23 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

I get what you are saying, however that is a VW Beetle, not a Camero

See, I said I wasn't a fan of the films. I never saw one. I know there is a Camaro in them and thought this was it. I do see Beetle in his armor now that you mention it. Thank you.

The Japanese seem to march to t heir own drummer, and that's a good thing.  The Dekotora thing has been going on for decades.  One could easily shake their head at the current state of custom big rigs in the US with the aftermarket fenders and furrowed-brow (or even angry-looking) visors.

Different cultures around the world have different ideas about custom vehicles.  I love it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekotora

While not brightly plated like the Japanese trucks, Pakistani trucks have their own custom style.

Again, diversity is a good thing...

1 hour ago, Brian Austin said:

The Japanese seem to march to t heir own drummer, and that's a good thing.  The Dekotora thing has been going on for decades.  One could easily shake their head at the current state of custom big rigs in the US with the aftermarket fenders and furrowed-brow (or even angry-looking) visors.

Different cultures around the world have different ideas about custom vehicles.  I love it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekotora

While not brightly plated like the Japanese trucks, Pakistani trucks have their own custom style.

Again, diversity is a good thing...

What! No RPG launchers!!!!!

Just went to the Hobbysearch website and looked through the build directions for this one.  It can be built into a stock dump truck, just like the stock Fuso dump truck listed below it.  However both are approximately $80 + shipping, so unless Santa is really good to me I doubt I will get one.  Oh yeah, the stock one was sold out when I just checked the site.

5 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Just went to the Hobbysearch website and looked through the build directions for this one.  It can be built into a stock dump truck, just like the stock Fuso dump truck listed below it.  However both are approximately $80 + shipping, so unless Santa is really good to me I doubt I will get one.  Oh yeah, the stock one was sold out when I just checked the site.

It can be built stock?

This moves it into the "I want one" category for me.

:)