Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Accomplish Today? (Model Car Work)

The latest from E Bay. It's an amateur build 62 Buick Electra 225 convertible. It's hideous looking especially the front end but thankfully,  I have the majority of the replacement parts including the stock one piece front bumper/grill and rear bumper. I'll start on this once the work on the Hubley 60 Ford sedan is done. The first thing is to give it a bath once it arrives. 

s-l1600 (1).webp

Edited by John M.
  • Like 2

Nearly, nearly! I thought of woodying it but with the 600cc engine it would never move! It looks grubby so I will have to come up with something! It will have an 'L' shape corner trim around most of it. 

photo3-vi.jpg

Mounted on the chassis, lights and extended mirror to add, plus possibly a camo paint job! Difficult to spray paint so maybe a bit of brush work!

photo2-vi.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 2:50 PM, John M. said:

Only a face a mother could love. 

s-l1600 (2).webp

The 62 Buick Electra convertible arrived in the mail while I was at work and a neighbor held onto it for safe keeping until I got home. First thing was to give it a complete bath and it cleaned up real nice and the paint job was surprisingly decent given it was done by a rookie. Next was I ditched the hideous front end pictured above and the custom rear panel. Both will be replaced with the stock units along with taking care of other quarks. I'll upload pictures when it's complete 

Edited by John M.
  • Like 1

Finished, the Citroen 2CV Converted to a camper.. I had to use a truck mirror to see round the side of the camper shell!

photo-vi.jpg

Edited by PatW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kit Basher said:

I got the door handles for the Revell E-type attached. I can't believe these things didn't fly out of the tweezers and into the 7th dimension.

DSCN2102.JPG

The Government should just study modelers losing parts off of tweezers to learn hyper-sonic missiles.

greg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JollySipper said:

That's really nice....... I like the color, too........ :wub:

Thanks, it was the last of an old can of Duplicolor GM Autumn Maple Red. Painted it like 3 years ago and just drug it out to finally finish it.

• Thanks 1

Made a black wash out of Craft paint and water. Painted up a tunnel ram to test it out on. I also put some on a mpc 67 corvette engine a project that has been stalled for around half a year. The black wash turned out pretty well.20240504_155510.thumb.jpg.391f15b15c5b4931f24277b13d6619da.jpg20240504_155516.thumb.jpg.b01856639dd99ae7adde8cdcf35160c5.jpg20240504_155527.thumb.jpg.0197910a089f0b0fa9845f5dfa47bcc9.jpg

• Like 1

Work on the 62 Buick Electra convertible is complete. I'm just waiting on the folded top that Keef sent to me in the mail. A big thanks to him for that.