Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1963 Impala - Advanced Custom Version

Impalow

On 1/16/2020 at 10:05 AM, Lowlife ! ! said:

Oh my God, an advanced custom option ? ?   

On an otherwise standard version of the car those options look  horrible, but somehow if you chop the roof up like that, it makes the crazy front and rear end look good !  I'll admit you get full marks for imagination, and I can see this really working out !

If it's anything like any the rest of your builds this is going to be one to watch, I'm with you all the way buddy !

I am totally with Martin on this one! Cannot wait to see what you do with colors!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mrm said:

Absolutely outstanding! Everything on this pair looks very well thought out and they are a perfect match.

If you don't mind me asking, where are the W valve covers from?

Thanks Michael!  The Offy covers were sourced from from the kit below!  They are on a separate little tree with a nice set of 5 spoke mags, and sadly its not included in the drag releases of the same kit.  

62 Chevrolet Bel Air 409 | The Model Car Showroom

4 hours ago, ubermodel said:

Very, very cool. I really like the way the rainbow colors on the dragster match the colors on the hauler when it's loaded up.

Thank you!  That was a challenge, but really turned out well... it was more luck than skill on that one.

Thank you guys!!   So I lied, these details came out too good not to share... but now it is officially done! 

Dragster20.jpg.9a95232e5514dae48ac1ad48777e3c13.jpgDragster21.jpg.5e7c0c68a08486e9343ea6280a67897a.jpg

I can not wait to unveil the pair at NNL East Saturday! Its been far-far too long..

Edited by Impalow
  • Like 5

The sound you heard was my jaw dropping onto my keyboard. I think every complimentary adjective has been already used, and rightly so. Your imagination, your skill of execution is beyond normal. This is one of the most excellently conceived and finished models I have witnessed in my 60+ years of building. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I’ve seen so many pics of these two on Instagram this weekend 😂

VERY well deserved dude - I’m so pleased for you!! 

Looks like next year’s themes are rods, customs and 49 Mercs…it’s clear-the-bench time!  You’ll probably only get 12 months to finish, this time around (although you did build two killer 1:1s in the last three years too, in fairness 🤪)