Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV "Star"cars that never were kited

• 2 months later...

I'd like to see a better 1/25 scale of the Coyote from Hardcastle & McCormick.  The one from MPC was no where near the real car, the bottom half being GT40.  I'd settle for a 1/25 kit of the McLaren M6GT, the car the Coyote was modeled after, and modify that.

I'd also like to see the Grumman Goose from Tales of the Gold Monkey and while there are ton of 77 Trans Am SE's from Smokey & the Bandit, there are none of the Kenworth W900 with the iconic muraled trailer.  I'm sure I could probably make either of these, but it would be nice if they came in kit form.

coyote.jpg

goose.jpg

W900.jpg

3 hours ago, E.J. said:

I'd like to see a better 1/25 scale of the Coyote from Hardcastle & McCormick.  The one from MPC was no where near the real car, the bottom half being GT40.  I'd settle for a 1/25 kit of the McLaren M6GT, the car the Coyote was modeled after, and modify that.

coyote.jpg

I wouldn’t mind having Judge Hardcastle’s truck..

1 hour ago, slusher said:

I wouldn’t mind having Judge Hardcastle’s truck..

I built the MPC kit of the Judges GMC step-side when it came out.  I see them still for sale on eBay on occasion. 

4 hours ago, keyser said:

Black Beauty from Green Hornet. 1/25. The Aurora palmer-like thing doesn't count.

Black BeautyChrysler Crown 1966 "Black Beauty". Filme: O Besouro Verde (2011 ...

A big resin caster, still in biz, said he was looking at it 10 years ago.....must have passed on it......I want one still!

On 5/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, E.J. said:

I'd also like to see the Grumman Goose from Tales of the Gold Monkey...

Squadron's Encore Models did your Goose, if you don't mind 1/48 scale.  This is the old Czech Model kit, which was already pretty nice, upgraded with new resin parts, decals etc.  Both versions are out of production right now and pretty spendy on eBay, around $100. It originally sold for about half that. But you might get lucky.

https://www.squadron.com/Encore-Models-1-48-Grumman-JRF-Goose-EC48005-p/ec48005.htm

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Squadron's Encore Models did your Goose, if you don't mind 1/48 scale.  This is the old Czech Model kit, which was already pretty nice, upgraded with new resin parts, decals etc.  Both versions are out of production right now and pretty spendy on eBay, around $100. It originally sold for about half that. But you might get lucky.

https://www.squadron.com/Encore-Models-1-48-Grumman-JRF-Goose-EC48005-p/ec48005.htm

There was a fairly decent cheap diecast of it available at one time. I got a couple of them cheap at a toy discounter about 20 years ago; gave one of them away. 

21 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Cool!  I'll be sure to look for it and 1/48 is a good scale, it would match the Airwolf model I have.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, E.J. said:

I'd also like to see the Grumman Goose from Tales of the Gold Monkey

goose.jpg

While looking for something else in the Snakepit yesterday, I ran across this, which I bought a couple years ago and promptly forgot about. It's a recent reissue so should be fairly easy to find. 

259082-15033-95-pristine.jpg

Someone probably mentioned it already but no major model kit company did either Mustang from the gone is 60 seconds movies.  I guess since they did diecasts in just about every scale the figured anyone that wanted one would just buy those.  I have the Scale Producitons 67 Foosed Shelby and the parts to do the Hilacki 72/73 Eleanor Mustang but like many of us they are are in top 50 of kits I would like to to finish in this lifetime. ?. I'd also like to built the Mad Max Intetceptor Falcon but the kits are pricey and once again there's always the diecast that can be bought for instant gratification.   If Palmer was still around they would pass that of awful kit 71 Mustang kit as Mel Gibson's ride.   Who would think to do such a thing? ?

IMG_7903.JPG

That Lindberg Goose is at least 10 years old. It was tooled by Ideal Toy in the 1950's but never actually released then. It first saw the light of day about 2008-9. Ernie Petit from Lindberg sent me one as a gift. It is truly a Time Capsule kit, and reflects when it was tooled. The Propellers have a line of raised rivets around the edge of the blades, and there are some awkward parts in the fuselage, meant for some kind of motorization, that never happened. It was such a dog that I threw it away 12 after I got it, half built. The decals on the box top are 90% of the whole sheet. I'd avoid the kit like the plague. It (IMHO) is that bad.

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Greg Myers said:

But Abby's gone from the show now. Too late

They reissued Miami Vice Ferrari years later....And the Revell Grease 48 Ford.......how many years was that?!?!?!?!?

But it is probably to obscure to get a kit.....but that's why I like it! 

Greenlight has done a good job w/ their TV and movie subjects.. loads of Fast & the Furious vehicles, and I have the Big Lebowski Torino in 1/43rd diecast form from them, along w/ several 'Breaking Bad' vehicles... definitely would like to see them do more BB vehicles and some 'Better Call Saul' vehicles. 

• 3 weeks later...