Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2020 Kits !

Mr mopar

The GTX has the standard , Road Runner & GTX-style bonnet from the 1971 "Satellite" kit of decades ago --- nice to see it return ! Would like to see the standard tiller from that same Satellite return as well .

I can't believe that the Chevelle was already updated to a 1969 model ! Hopefully a COPO version isn't far behind . 

Edited by 1972coronet

59 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I can't believe that the Chevelle was already updated to a 1969 model ! Hopefully a COPO version isn't far behind . 

COPO wouldn't be hard to convert at all. You can have yours on the shelf LONG before Revell does one. 

Back in the '70s, I started building a "Countdown" AMT '69 Chevelle reissue as a detailed 300 2DS SS396 conversion. Time to revive that idea as soon as I get my hands on this new one! 

3 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Designed into the tooling when they made the '68 I am sure. They don't make much new tooling these days that they don't plan ahead, putting more parts into the tooling that will allow them to make multiple versions of the kit from the same tooling. Just like the '29 and '30 Ford. There are parts on that tooling that hasn't been shown yet so that can make multiple versions of the kits, more than just swapping engines and wheels.

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Thus extending a middle finger to the kangaroo. I can hardly wait to see those taillights as they should look.

I love the idea that they are coming out with the 69 it will have the detail that the AMT did not have and it was in the cards when they did the very long awaited 68 they made the removeable rear end caps I knew the 69 was not to far behind and I will get a couple of theses kits but I hope they do not stop making the 68 we in the model building world waited way to long for that to come back to the bench I got 4 of these kits looks like I will have to pick up a couple more just incase.!!! and as for the 68 I am hopping so good resin guy will come up with a 68 300 hard top trans body with a bench seat for that kit hint hint.!!!!

10 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I'm Kind of hoping to see Revell do a 1969 El Camino from the Chevelle . 

Would have to be a whole new kit. All you could use from the Chevelle would be the grille/front bumper, hood, engine & underhood detail, dashboard, windshield, maybe seats. Everything else would have to be new. 

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

Round2/AMT would be better suited to do the '69 El Camino as they already have the '68. 

Or, a kitbash between the AMT '68 Elky and the new Revell '69 might be possible, which isn't using the AMT '69. :unsure:

But rest assured, one of the two of them will be bringing out a '69 Elky. I know this for a fact because I recently spent eBay buck$ to buy, and several hours of careful tedious work to restore/rescue, an original AMT '69 Elky. You're welcome. :angry:

5Rescues14.jpg.9a377daa6e7a2eb0c3ec0ab566730387.jpg

38 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Or, a kitbash between the AMT '68 Elky and the new Revell '69 might be possible, which isn't using the AMT '69. :unsure:

Have to swap the dog houses as there's a sizable difference in width between the Revell '68 Chevelle and the AMT El Camino. One might be able to swap the header and hood between the two. I hope the '69 grille fits better than the '68 did. Also hope they fixed the dash and door panels.