Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2020 Kits !

Mr mopar

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Or, a kitbash between the AMT '68 Elky and the new Revell '69 might be possible, which isn't using the AMT '69. :unsure:

But rest assured, one of the two of them will be bringing out a '69 Elky. I know this for a fact because I recently spent eBay buck$ to buy, and several hours of careful tedious work to restore/rescue, an original AMT '69 Elky. You're welcome. :angry:

5Rescues14.jpg.9a377daa6e7a2eb0c3ec0ab566730387.jpg

It took me 3 builts to make an amt 69 El Camino

19 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Here are two  kit .

Ha, so we're going to try this "Revell 2020" thread one more time? I'm glad you started a new one after the first two (or three?) got locked because of people fighting. Hopefully this one can stay open for the flow of new info and level headed discussion.

27 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Is the AMT kit at least OK, as-is?

It's a first cousin of the original AMT '69 Chevelle, with all that entails, good and bad (mostly more toward the bad). 

OTOH, if you're asking about the much more recent AMT '68 El Camino, that's a VERY nice kit in just about every way. Haven't built one, but I "rescued" a workable builtup a while back, and I could tell it was a decent kit to start with. Someday I'll build my own from a new box. 

13 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

It's a first cousin of the original AMT '69 Chevelle, with all that entails, good and bad (mostly more toward the bad). 

OTOH, if you're asking about the much more recent AMT '68 El Camino, that's a VERY nice kit in just about every way. Haven't built one, but I "rescued" a workable builtup a while back, and I could tell it was a decent kit to start with. Someday I'll build my own from a new box. 

Sorry for not being clear, I was referring to the '69 kit.

Yup! Great news. Saw Robert Glucksman's post in one of the Facebook groups this morning for the '69 Chevelle. It certainly looks like another must have. Maybe not so much the F&F car for me but definitely the Chevelle. I'm falling way behind on these Revell releases as I still haven't gotten the '68 Chevelle or '69 Boss 302. Not to mention I want at least 3 each of the '86 Monte Carlo and '70 Firebird, a Grand National, an AAR Cuda or two, a '78 El Camino, and a '29 Model A Roadster, and that's just the new releases. Looks like I need to try to hit the lottery, LOL!

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Definitely want the 69 Chevelle. Im in for the GTX if it has stock parts.

.Probably will along w/ the Pro Touring style wheels and tires...wonder if they have made any engine or interior changes..

Edited by Rob Hall

20 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Is the AMT kit at least OK, as-is?

The 1969 annual Elcamino is primitive compared to ERTL effort. It has no window frame and exhibits a hardtop frameless door window. It has the correct backup light on the tailgate. Consider using a different year chevelle front on the current elcamino. The widths are not the same and require some fitting effort.

4 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

The 1969 annual Elcamino is primitive compared to ERTL effort. It has no window frame and exhibits a hardtop frameless door window. It has the correct backup light on the tailgate. Consider using a different year chevelle front on the current elcamino. The widths are not the same and require some fitting effort.

I'm not that sure it's important enough to me to go through all that, but thanks anyway, I appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Bob Ellis said:

The expense may not justify the aquisition.

I'd tend to agree.

5 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

I couldn't find any stills from the movie of the engine of the GTX so I imagine it will probably be the same as the previous issues. There are a few options out there if you want something more modern. 

If it's photo you need of the 1971 GTX go to You Tube and type in Dom's 71 GTX to see the real car !

Serve 'em all up, far as I'm concerned.  Bet there's something further up the sleeve for the Chevelle tooling - not an Elco but perhaps a vintage drag version - but that's a distinctly uneducated guess. '69 will be great in the meantime.

Also glad the '29/'30 Fords are coming back, and it'll be fun to compare them with the ones I snatched up before the tooling mishap.  I'll pile on with those who think the small block suits the roadster a wee better and the nailhead looks better in the coupe.

23 minutes ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Serve 'em all up, far as I'm concerned.  Bet there's something further up the sleeve for the Chevelle tooling - not an Elco but perhaps a vintage drag version - but that's a distinctly uneducated guess. '69 will be great in the meantime.

Also glad the '29/'30 Fords are coming back, and it'll be fun to compare them with the ones I snatched up before the tooling mishap.  I'll pile on with those who think the small block suits the roadster a wee better and the nailhead looks better in the coupe.

For the "wind-in-the-hair" fan in me, I'd like to see a '68 Chevelle convertible kit before they get through with the tooling. A '69 Baldwin-Motion would be a welcome sight, also.