Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lighter Side of Corona

unclescott58

Totally stolen from another forum: 

* Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.

* I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

* I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

* Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

* PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

* Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

* I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone

* This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

* So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

* Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

* My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

* Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

* I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

* I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

* Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

* Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

* So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

It's funny that you post that, in the last near 3 weeks I've lost weight without exercising! I figure some of it is due to illness (bronchitis) and not reallly wanting to eat in general, then not bothering to eat lunch on those breaks while working, the phones being to busy to even think about snacking  (just sipping water and pop is difficult enough!), only drinking meal replacement shakes for breakfast, and only having dinner as an actual meal!

One problem I do have is that I was in need of a haircut and a shave when this started, and I can shave here once I feel good enough to go into the basement where the clippers are (this beard is coming off!) Now, if I don't get my haircut by the time we're working at the office again, I may have to put my hair into a pony tail until I can get it cut:huh::lol:

On 4/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, iamsuperdan said:

Social distancing. (only a few here will get this one)

IMG_20200325_183809.jpg.0fe84175111a3494017b4d3c40cc8516.jpg

Screenshot_20200325-141136_Instagram.jpg.af7b963badfa11430c361697faae1cae.jpg

Screenshot_20200329-085526_Instagram.jpg.93af1883cbcdf53d8fea03516d290538.jpg

Screenshot_20200330-185213_Instagram.jpg.b8b3260cc9f424920612e9ae17d25f9c.jpg

Screenshot_20200403-182312_Instagram.jpg.f682afcc2039cc15fd0f1a94564a10f1.jpg

Screenshot_20200404-085713_Instagram.jpg.9f29b9ce7a937fa5b5c5b0f541743888.jpg

Screenshot_20200407-062850_Instagram.jpg.c85f4552dc5d61fc7d21d4f15e21c555.jpg

I get the KISS one, that's some nice work on a classic album cover. Probably my favorite album of theirs.

14 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Totally stolen from another forum: 

* Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.

* I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

* I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

* Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

* PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

* Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

* I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone

* This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

* Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

* My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

* Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

* I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

* I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

* Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

* Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

This is like the E-Mail my wife got from her Accountants Assoc. Not sure where they got it, but it's pretty funny. 

Snake your last posting, again hit me right. Being in the field of education, the homeschooling comments made me laugh the most. I'm really hoping parents that are now getting a good taste of what it's like for us to try and educate some of their kids. Don't get be wrong, I love working with all kids. But, it would be a lot easier if we could get more support from the parents. I really hate the attitude that, "my little Jimmy or Susie wouldn't do that." And "why aren't "you" teach them?" Ha! Now maybe they'll know. 

Edited by unclescott58

5 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Snake your last posting, again hit me right. Being in the field of education, the homeschooling comments made me laugh the most. I'm really hoping parents that are now getting a good taste of what it's like for us to try and educate some of their kids. Don't get be wrong, I love working with all kids. But, it would be a lot easier if we could get more support from the parents. I really hate the attitude that, "my little Jimmy or Susie wouldn't do that." And "why aren't "you" teach them?" Ha! Now maybe they'll know. 

Very good point. We have several present and past educators in the neighborhood and some of their stories are of unacceptable behavior by students. As you point out  the parents don't believe their little precious couldn't be the problem.. Maybe schools might consider issuing Body Cams for Teachers for their own protection and give you something to discuss at Parent - Teachers Meetings.  

HormelSpamJoke.jpg.73d26f7f7339d23987b76dd9cb642cf2.jpg

Funny thing is that I actually like Spam products, and was really surprised that the shelf was picked clean.  Most people I know turn their nose at Spam, and yet during panic people will eat anything. I can't wait for that next batch!  :D

I'm thankful I was the lone person in the office today!  I had Bob & Tom on and was listening to a comedian talking about a restaurant in Chicago with a picture of the Bears QB on each table throwing a pass to a receiver.  The proper social distancing is the space between that receiver and where that pass went!  

3 hours ago, peteski said:

Funny thing is that I actually like Spam products, and was really surprised that the shelf was picked clean.  Most people I know turn their nose at Spam, and yet during panic people will eat anything. I can't wait for that next batch!  :D

My Mom used to make a casserole that involved baked beans, Spam, and cornbread on top. It was one of my favorite meals. ^_^

I need to see if she passed that recipe on to The Lovely Mrs. Snake....:unsure:

13 hours ago, Snake45 said:

My Mom used to make a casserole that involved baked beans, Spam, and cornbread on top. It was one of my favorite meals. ^_^

I need to see if she passed that recipe on to The Lovely Mrs. Snake....:unsure:

I can hear the music playing now...!

image.jpeg.92abd72900e09b2dfc2bb7ad686aa8d1.jpeg

I haven't had any Spam for years and it was a big part of my early adulthood. Sort of an economic issue you could say. 

20 hours ago, peteski said:

You will not believe what state consumes the most spam. Aloha.  

1 hour ago, espo said:

I haven't had any Spam for years and it was a big part of my early adulthood. Sort of an economic issue you could say. 

You will not believe what state consumes the most spam. Aloha.  

Oh, I'm well aware of Hawaiian residents' affinity for Spam . Actually many Asians are Spam lovers.  Lots of fun facts in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

Edited by peteski

17 hours ago, peteski said:

Oh, I'm well aware of Hawaiian residents' affinity for Spam . Actually many Asians are Spam lovers.  Lots of fun facts in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

I had know idea of Spams popularity in other parts of the world. The only way I knew about Hawaii was this was a fact pointed out to us on our visit there in '87 or '88. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

I had know idea of Spams popularity in other parts of the world. The only way I knew about Hawaii was this was a fact pointed out to us on our visit there in '87 or '88. 

To be honest I don't really know why Americans turn their noses up at Spam, or who started this trend.  Spam is very tasty.  I always have small stash around the house.

Of course, just like with all the other foods nowadays, there are no longer just couple of Spam varieties.  It now comes in a wide range of varieties.  Even turkey Spam!  Of course I'm still partial to the original "plain" Spam.  Everything else is just over the top.

Mmmmm-Spam.jpg

I visited the Hormel tourist museum last September. Ate fried spam and egg breakfast every day for about ten years in Taiwan. Spam was 100% safe and predictable.  Local bacon and sausage not so much. Original version only.

28 minutes ago, Flat32 said:

I visited the Hormel tourist museum last September. Ate fried spam and egg breakfast every day for about ten years in Taiwan. Spam was 100% safe and predictable.  Local bacon and sausage not so much. Original version only.

I keep the low-sodium version in stock, have it fried with eggs regularly. Makes a good protein breakfast on the days I have to do physical work.

Makes a decent sandwich if I forget to get lunchmeat, too.

I don't use much salt, and the original version is so salty to me, it feels like my tongue might shrivel like a salted slug. :D

32 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I keep the low-sodium version in stock, have it fried with eggs regularly. Makes a good protein breakfast on the days I have to do physical work.

Oh!  Fried eggs & spam!  Yum.  That's a good camping breakfast right there.