Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby

I went to local HL the other day to make sure they still had all the same kits in stock.  In the usual kit aisle, I was greeted by model railroad stuff, Evergreen, tools and other supplies.  On the other side, was the Testors paint rack and the empty case that normally holds the spray cans (at the opposite end of the row from where it formerly stood).  The rest of that side if the aisle was empty.  Not even shelving.  I found the kits a couple of aisles over.

They are rearranging the store.

23 hours ago, sfhess said:

I went to local HL the other day to make sure they still had all the same kits in stock.  In the usual kit aisle, I was greeted by model railroad stuff, Evergreen, tools and other supplies.  On the other side, was the Testors paint rack and the empty case that normally holds the spray cans (at the opposite end of the row from where it formerly stood).  The rest of that side if the aisle was empty.  Not even shelving.  I found the kits a couple of aisles over.

They are rearranging the store.

That's what I discovered here in the DeWitt, NY, store.  I hope they bring back the models.

This forum will go into meltdown if Hobby Lobby does away with model kits. At least we won't have to hear "I hope Hobby Lobby gets this kit" or any other 900 variations of that.

(I plan to hit my local one up next 40% off week. There's a couple there I need. :) )

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RSchnell said:

This forum will go into meltdown if Hobby Lobby does away with model kits. At least we won't have to hear "I hope Hobby Lobby gets this kit" or any other 900 variations of that.

The bulk of posts will probably shift to the "look what I got at ollie's" threads.

• Haha 4

Re-setting aisles in retail stores is a very common procedure and could mean they have more stuff coming into that aisle or need to adjust the shelves or locations of the models. Their selection depends on what their buyers choose or are offered by the model companies and I am sure they know that Mustangs and Camaros are must haves!

On 8/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, RSchnell said:

(I plan to hit my local one up next 40% off week. There's a couple there I need. :) )

Eh if they did go away(which never gonna happen) all id miss is the eye candy 🙃lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dpate said:

lol the one I go to be popping man. Guess I get lucky, and go on the right day. 

Same here, it doesn't hurt that there's a gym next door. Get done working out pop in to HL for a $45 halloween wreath and some fake flowers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trendsetta68 said:

Oh no ... my local HL must be losing its mind ..... about 1/25 the kits they usually have 
and they're not even on the same isle anymore ! What's happening HL ? 😇👍

So they cut it down to 8 foot section? Or it’s like Michaels one 4 foot section?

2 hours ago, Trendsetta68 said:

Oh no ... my local HL must be losing its mind ..... about 1/25 the kits they usually have 
and they're not even on the same isle anymore ! What's happening HL ? 😇👍

Don't panic.  They are probably rearranging the store to confuse and amuse you (and buy more stuff that you find while searching for the kit half aisle)

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, RSchnell said:

Pffftt.... who cares if they do away with model kits. Wouldn't bother me none because it's always the same old, same old stock as usual. Hobby Lobby sucks anyway. 

• Like 1