Model Cars Magazine Forum

'72 Nova street machine

Quiet Eric

Getting the ball rolling, here's my most recent completion. AMT Old Pro kit...nothing too crazy. Just a few extra pieces from the parts box, flared the rear wheel openings, and added a resin L88 hood. Most of the effort on this one was spent in body and paint work. Not perfect but I'm still relearning some forgotten skills/techniques. It needs more detail paint work but good enough for now. Thanks for looking!spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Quiet Eric

On 10/8/2020 at 7:55 AM, Quiet Eric said:

Thanks for the kind words!

It is Model Master Nassau Blue.

Nice! I've been stockpiling that stuff while we can still get it. I think I've got three cans now. Don't even know what I'll use 'em on, but I'll use 'em on something. B)

11 hours ago, johnny rocket said:

looks great, I just did one of these myself with the same era look.  could you post some pics of how you flared the rear fenders

I thought I could get away with heating and deforming the fender lips but that was a miserable failure. So I used some Apoxie sculpt for the first time to make them.

IMG_9852.JPG

IMG_9864.JPG

7 hours ago, jamesG said:

I'd say your paint and body work is spot on though zooming in shows you need a little work on masking around the rear marker lights. Otherwise, beautiful build. 

The problem there was the detail of them is pretty light to start and sanding on the rear fender flares kinda made that worse. They've since had the marker lenses painted as I didn't have the right colors before. I'm steadily relearning what I need to pay closer attention to on the finish work though.