Model Cars Magazine Forum

I know I'm late to the party, but this is my homage to the movie Ford vs Ferrari.
The Ferrari 330 P4 is a Fujimi kit built around 11 to 12 years ago. It has a PE trans kit but otherwise box stock. Not my best work with the glass.
The La Mans GT40 #1 is a rebuild. It is a Testers rebox of Fujimi originally built is as Dan Gurney's 12 hours of Sebring #2 car 18 years ago. I recently disassembled it and stripped and repainted it using Indy Cals decals.
The 24 Hours of Daytona #98 car is one  i recently found on eBay. It is also a Testers rebox of the Fujimi kit and I used a trans kit to change the hood, move the gas cap and make the bump on the right front fender to allow for the transition at speed to the steep banking at Daytona.
The #98 289 Cobra is based loosely on the car featured in the movie. While the car existed in real life, the scenes in the movie are not quite historically accurate regarding the race shown and details of the car. I used some googled reference of the real car and a lot of reference from the movie. I included the dents in the trunk lid and broken wind screen with tape on it.  I found those scenes entertaining and wanted to include them on my model. The kit is AMTs 289 Cobra with some parts from the Revell 427 Cobra kit and the parts box for other parts and decals.

20210312.jpg
20210311.jpg
20210310.jpg
20210314.jpg
20210315.jpg
20210313.jpg
20210317.jpg
20210316.jpg
20210318.jpg
20210321.jpg
20210320.jpg
20210319.jpg
20210322.jpg
20210324.jpg
20210323.jpg
20210327.jpg
20210326.jpg
20210325.jpg
20210328.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice job on all fo them.  As we know the movie used replicas for the scenes and were note 100% correct but no surprise because it’s Hollywood.  Did Testor’s rebox the Fujumi kits - I have seen them under Revell branding.  Anyway. Very nice jobs on all four cars and making the changes to reflect them accurately.  The movie was full of holes from an accuracy standpoint plot wise but nonetheless it did well at the Box Office and my whole family enjoyed it.  I need to buy the DVD as it will be worth watching again sometime.

Edited by vamach1

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Very nice job on all fo them.  As we know the movie used replicas for the scenes and were note 100% correct but no surprise because it’s Hollywood.  Did Testor’s Redbox the Fujumi kits - I have seen them under Revell branding.  Anyway. Very nice jobs on all four cars and making the changes to reflect them accurately.  The movie was full of holes from an accuracy standpoint plot wise but nonetheless it did well at the Box Office and my whole family enjoyed it.  I need to buy the DVD as it will be worth watching again sometime.

You are correct, they are the Revell reboxes. I had Testors on the brain. I have the DVD. There are also some good documentaries on Netflix right now.

49 minutes ago, Reeves Racing said:

You are correct, they are the Revell reboxes. I had Testors on the brain. I have the DVD. There are also some good documentaries on Netflix right now.

No worries - I’ve been there. 😉  Rumor has it if I remember Revell may reissue them again but hard to say if they will “fix” all the things needed to make them correct for the Daytona versions or maybe they will just go with the Lemans version (with the twin scoops) on the rear deck lid and perhaps included decals set for the entire Lemans line up.  Not going to hold my breath on that happening. 🙄

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...