Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

On 11/24/2021 at 5:50 AM, Mr mopar said:

yeah but I missed out last time so I'll order a few from my LHS .

I will want one myself..

On 11/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, Casey said:

"Actual retail price of the item..." will be less than $20.95. I think they were around $13-$15 on the street, so $17 or so seems reasonable for 2022.

Thanks Casey..

2 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

80 Monte Carlo is the only one I'm interested in, but it's not going to be around until summer, so I've got time.

Good to see this one return, as it's a good value, IMHO, when factoring in the chopper and trailer. Previous release:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

459151758_s-l1600(10).jpg.fd7ac2348b06e2670b8e1f9f7094b13c.jpg

• Like 2

Meh, there's a few there I'd like - I think the '32 Phanton Vicky is the version with full suspension and exhaust (as opposed to the molded-in stuff on the other AMT 32s), so I don't mind being able to pick up a few of those, I'd like an Avanti for my Studebaker collection and I'll be interested to see if they manage to make a cool package out of the T Buggy kit

I wonder what's included with the 1953 F-100  Gulf  kit ?  Decals only ?  It's one of my favourite kits , though the moulds' age has been , um , showing for the last few issues .

1956 Victoria is another great kit . I still have the c.2010 issue in the stash . Perhaps another one won't hurt .

1967 Zed... Still have the most-recent issue ( or was that a '68 ? Essentially the same kit , IIRC ) . Another nice piece .

1980 Monte Carlo ( or is it an '81 or '82 ? ) . Other than the engine being , as it always has , the older representation of the venerable SBC ( and is sans power steering ) , the rest of the kit is nice : lots of bonuses , and just plain fun to build . certainly I'm not alone in hoping that Round2 will eventually backdate this kit to the  Wheeler Dealer  iteration ( last issue with the single headlights ) . 

Where's the 1976 Caprice Coupe ? 

20 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I wonder what's included with the 1953 F-100  Gulf  kit ?  Decals only ?  It's one of my favourite kits , though the moulds' age has been , um , showing for the last few issues .

That's the Modified Stocker hauler set; the '53 Ford pickup and four-wheel trailer.  The original had the decal sheet from (I believe) the Peterbilt tow truck, which had Gulf decals for the doors.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

I’m excited about the Monte Carlo. 

This one however is a bold/surprising move considering today’s political and cultural climate...

Yeah, that one was very disappointing to see on the list for obvious reasons. Hopefully they will reconsider and choose another Barris subject to reissue. 😔

I would expect the Modified Hauler kit to be the same as last time, with Gulf decals. The combo kits (2x Piranha excluded) must be selling well.

1 hour ago, Smoke Wagon said:

I’m excited about the Monte Carlo. 

This one however is a bold/surprising move considering today’s political and cultural climate...18C3399C-B10B-4697-86B7-2FCE4B2B9F1A.png.90c91170bb1ce9d4ca995b719fa93db2.png

It will be 20 years since the last issue.  Hope that they release it this time with the original box top...and with real styrene.  I'm in for a few!

Edited by showrods