Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Round2 Releases

Casey

20 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

Would be cool if they did the Orange version this time around 

1974 TV Tommy Ivo Top Fuel Dragster | S122 | Kissimmee 2022

After all, it was a more memorable car...

TommyIvodragster_09_1500.jpg

Doing one from my shelf of doom stash, although I preferred the Revell Jeb Allen dragster kit over the AMT Ivo attempt. Wheel pants are from the current release MPC Cosmic Charger. What color orange is that?

It will be good to see the '55 Wagon brought back out. New Decals, Hopefully, 8 tires. Or, at least 4 and a pair of slicks. It will be interesting to see what parts/wheels get included in the new release of the kit. I hope the emphasis is on the Drag part of it's heritage rather than the stock version. It will be marketed as a 2'n'1 kit, but I'd really like to see it done as a 3'n'1 with Two Full sets of tires (Stock & Custom, plus a set of Slicks), the new-ish Surf Boards, and a some restored parts, or some newly tooled parts, thrown in.

Either way, this kit will sell in huge numbers, as it has been awhile since it was out, and just fresh decals and pad printed tires will move the needle for many potential buyers.  This and the '49 Ford, are perennial best sellers, and will be again.

Good Job, Round2! 

6 hours ago, magicmustang said:

Doing one from my shelf of doom stash, although I preferred the Revell Jeb Allen dragster kit over the AMT Ivo attempt. Wheel pants are from the current release MPC Cosmic Charger. What color orange is that?

Honestly, I don't know, but I would guess something close to a Hugger Orange. With maybe a more red to it. 

14-1572287344403@2x.jpg

27 Bronco ideas | bronco, classic bronco, ford bronco

Edited by Daddyfink
  • Like 1

For anyone who cares, here are the '55 Nomad pickup version roofs.  Left: reissue piece.  Right: first issue piece.  From the looks of it, the original part's tooling was altered to produce the newer piece.  Why, nobody knows...

20220108_202323.jpg

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

From the looks of it, the original part's tooling was altered to produce the newer piece.  Why, nobody knows...

20220108_202323.jpg

Probably because to install it, you had to cut away the entire roof and that would leave a weak assembly to build and square up all the pickup truck paraphernalia. My guess is it was too complicated for most builders to complete. 

I do think it looks miles better than the half roof piece we've been getting ever since. 

16 hours ago, Mark said:

For anyone who cares, here are the '55 Nomad pickup version roofs.  Left: reissue piece.  Right: first issue piece.  From the looks of it, the original part's tooling was altered to produce the newer piece.  Why, nobody knows...

20220108_202323.jpg

Thx Mark...never noticed that.  And yes, I had an original kit around here someplace....TB 

On 1/8/2022 at 4:00 AM, Oldcarfan27 said:

No it's pronounced "eye-gore"

But they told me it's "ee'gore"

Well they were wrong then, weren't they?

Classic movie!

fun fact, the first version of the frankenstein tale was set about 10 miles from my house, Mary Shelley was a frequent visitor to the orkney islands

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:13 AM, CabDriver said:

I'm gonna go ahead and predict we don't see those Boyd parts back again, although I don't think it looked as bad as some of the other Boyd kits that AMT put out

amt38252.jpg.a89e5dde50eec41fd32bc7b4d8b20472.jpg

Better than this thing, anyway...

eaf5729f54a00fc977576349de568ca6.jpg.92c426a98d5c1efd31460b5c5291a97d.jpg

i have one of these I hadn’t built yet..

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 3:38 PM, Smoke Wagon said:

I bet it’ll have the turquoise car on the box top like this one: 002EDF12-737D-45F0-B522-8FA2DE63BF38.jpeg.7ef55511fde2171ba664ea37cc7ac96c.jpeg

Round 2 reissued that with flipped box art (Gas Man on top, green custom on side) as the "Gas Man" coupe not all that long ago. Hopefully it still has those nice skinny cherater slicks with the wide whites. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 8:28 PM, Mark said:

20220108_202323.jpg

I actually have one of those full tops in my stash.

I so hope the full bumper Camaro does well and encourages AMT to do variations on the tired reissues they've been pumping out. I would love to see a 1977 Firebird Esprit and Rockford base version. I'd love to see the MPC Pinto hatch and wagon backdated to a small bumper version and of course the same for the Vega if it's still around. How about the Caprice backdated to a 1971? The Chevy and Dodge vans would be great as 1971s as well, bonus points if they offered the window van option as well. So many others come to mind.

1 hour ago, oldcarfan said:

I so hope the full bumper Camaro does well and encourages AMT to do variations on the tired reissues they've been pumping out. I would love to see a 1977 Firebird Esprit and Rockford base version. I'd love to see the MPC Pinto hatch and wagon backdated to a small bumper version and of course the same for the Vega if it's still around. How about the Caprice backdated to a 1971? The Chevy and Dodge vans would be great as 1971s as well, bonus points if they offered the window van option as well. So many others come to mind.

I like your thinking. Except I prefer the 74-up grille on the Dodge van.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:06 PM, magicmustang said:

The car was metal flake red ,if you look closely you can see the flake in it !!

26804902_1628949310533225_4214490076711889719_n.jpg