AMT 1301 -- 1958 Chevy Impala Hardtop "Ala Impala"

AMT 1303 -- Hot Wheels Buick Opel GT

AMT 1346 -- 1940 Ford Coupe Coca-Cola

MPC 963M -- 1976 Chevy Caprice w/Trailer

MPC 970 -- Ramchargers Dragster & Transporter

MPC 973 -- 1967 Chevy Corvette Stingray "Streaker Vette"

Streaker Vette!?! I’ve been waiting to get another one for years

18 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Past repops of these go for a ridiculous amount of money on ebay. Glad it’ll be affordable again, that kit is a prime subject for a convertible conversion. 

The detail is very fine on the 76 Caprice it’s very hard to detail, more then likely the molds..

Well, I can see that the Wild Hoss Bronco will sell like wildfire, and Caprice will sell out quickly. I have the "Lee Eliminators" version that was last released, and I will be very curious to see what decals they add to it this time. I hope that the Round2 "Expanded Decal Sheet" hits on most of these kits, Especially the '64 Merc and the Wild Hoss Bronco. If it takes a Coke Tie in to get the Dodge D-50 kit back in production, "Bring It On!".  I believe that having the Ramchargers Dragster & Transport truck together will be the first time these kits have been in one box since the 1960's. I am truly surprised that the 2005 Escalade did NOT get the Coke Treatment. If ever there was a kit that seems a natural fit to the Coke Tie In, it would seem the Escalade would be it.

My favorite announcement from this list is the '64 Merc Marauder. One of my favorite kits. Maybe Round2 can include some decal referencing the Parnelli Jones "Pike's Peak Hillclimb"winning Marauder's from 1963-64. Anyhow, a great 3'n'1 kit from the first "Golden Age" of 1960's kitmaking.

(P.S. Round2, You will need to include a pair of the GY 'Suburbanite' snow tires for the Pike's Peak Racer, to simulate the truck tires that PJ ran on the car.)

On 11/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, Smoke Wagon said:

Past repops of these go for a ridiculous amount of money on ebay. Glad it’ll be affordable again, that kit is a prime subject for a convertible conversion. 

Only if they also backdate it. Chevy stopped making full size convertibles in '75.

Personally, I like the '74s.

IMG 1640

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Only if they also backdate it.

First off, nice model. I like the way you tinted that windscreen.

If they don’t backdate it, there’s other options for building a ‘75. The only difference (that I know of) between a ‘75 and a ‘76 is that ‘75s have round headlights and ‘76s got rectangular lamps. MPC did do a run of ‘75’s with round headlamps:

A392DCD4-1DC8-44CE-8CC2-AA176F0EB603.jpeg.a6a03af98f40debf81f0c4492e1f5b67.jpeg

... and I’m sure there are resin ‘75 grilles out there. If not then it wouldn’t be too difficult to modify the grille and headlights. I think it would be worth it to have a model of the last full-size Chevy convertible. 

48 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

First off, nice model. I like the way you tinted that windscreen.

If they don’t backdate it, there’s other options for building a ‘75. The only difference (that I know of) between a ‘75 and a ‘76 is that ‘75s have round headlights and ‘76s got rectangular lamps. MPC did do a run of ‘75’s with round headlamps:

A392DCD4-1DC8-44CE-8CC2-AA176F0EB603.jpeg.a6a03af98f40debf81f0c4492e1f5b67.jpeg

... and I’m sure there are resin ‘75 grilles out there. If not then it wouldn’t be too difficult to modify the grille and headlights. I think it would be worth it to have a model of the last full-size Chevy convertible. 

Actually, everything between the hood and bumper. Grille, headlights and header panel they mount in is different. BUT, that's the only difference between the '75 and '76 Caprice kits.

454 Power! Low-Mile 1975 Chevrolet Caprice | Barn Finds

1976 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with Landau roof option - L31 silver - fvr |  Caprice classic, Chevy caprice classic, Chevrolet caprice 

7 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Thanks for the correction. I wonder if the headlights/grille/filler panel is all one piece on the MPC ‘75 kit.

No,  separate grille and headlights with the header molded as part of the body..

This should illustrate it a bit better,,

142 4222

142 4221

Edited by Can-Con
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

This should illustrate it a bit better

Ah, now I see. And it does, thank you for putting them side by side like that. I was hoping the kit’s front end was just a single interchangeable piece. You were correct, the whole front fascia is different. Thanks for going out of your way to teach me about this, I was originally thinking ‘76 was a carryover year.