Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are the odds Revell will reissue their 1999 Silverado kit?

Jonathan

I drive '17 F 150 for work....Nice looking truck...absolutly love the interior comfort & design!  ...but to drive it....lets just say..glad I didn't buy it!

"As to when this will see a Re-Issue?

My vote is squarely on "Never". Revell does not appear to to even know what kits they have in their tool bank anymore. So, my first pass answer, remains, "Never Again".  If you want one, buy one. Do not wait. This advice applies to almost any Revell kit that is not in their current catalog. If you want a certain Revell kit, buy one now, and don't wait for Revell to re-issue it. Will Revell keep re-issuing older kits? Of course they will. But, Ed Sexton and the other "true Believers" appear to have less 'pull' with the Mothership about what kits get chosen to re-issue. So, I expect that the scattershot, "throw it against the wall, and see if it sticks" release schedule to continue.

This makes me sad, but this is what I see. A few well chosen Modified New Release kits, and odd forays into the tooling that is still held by R/M. I hope I am proven wrong."

You can see here, how badly wrong I can be, when I make guesses. Glad to see this kit coming back.

3 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Problem specific to that truck itself or a design flaw?

IMHO...I don't think the problem is the whole line wide... I think it's just this truck.   ...you lnow, kinda like when you buy the same shoe for years...then you get a pair that "just don't fit right"!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, gray07 said:

why is there a line across my post lol

You must have accidently hit this tab when you were making your post? If you click on the three dots over on the far right above your post you should be able to edit it.

image.png.663617ccfa01181189ff63c8961ccaa1.png

Edited by Mr. Metallic

• 2 months later...

From the Revell release thread @niteowl7710 made in the car section, they showed the box art for the newest release. My prediction based on the box art: no body kit (or optional this time), stock wheels, custom lowered suspension/exhaust/rear rollpan.

Whatever the case is though, I'm glad to see it back again with the stock wheels (presumably).

20220720_140755.jpg

5 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Ed seemed to believe that the stock wheels will be in it as they wouldn't be allowed on the box art if they're not included.  Otherwise, it's reported as a straight reissue of the kit from its last run, which means no stock height suspension.

Does that mean then that they are adding BFG tire decals in the '39 Delivery kit since those are shown on the box art?

7 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

Does that mean then that they are adding BFG tire decals in the '39 Delivery kit since those are shown on the box art?

Maybe...they put them in the 69 Camaro with the ice cube hood, and the 71 Olds has Firestone Wide Oval decals on it's sheet.

12 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Maybe...they put them in the 69 Camaro with the ice cube hood, and the 71 Olds has Firestone Wide Oval decals on it's sheet.

Glad to see they are starting to do that now. I saw the 71 Olds sheet but didn't know about the ones for the Camaro.

I won't buy it if it doesn't have a stock suspension (which I'm sure it won't), but I'm definitely interested in seeing how the decal sheet turns out as Revell has been hitting it out of the ballpark recently with decals.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:53 AM, av405 said:

I won't buy it if it doesn't have a stock suspension (which I'm sure it won't), but I'm definitely interested in seeing how the decal sheet turns out as Revell has been hitting it out of the ballpark recently with decals.

Would be neat if they would consider adding a 4x4 option.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...