Model Cars Magazine Forum

What song(s) make you wish for an open road and no speed limit?

Jantrix

Missed this one, lots of great music already posted.

Ramble Tamble, Creedence Clearwater

Probably showing my age - there have been others since like Chevrolet by Neil Young, but it has always been Ramble Tamble from Creedence Clearwater for me.  The first on my list and the best. It was too long to get any radio play, a hidden Rock and Roll gem.  Some good memories and here's maybe the closest shot at no speed limit.  At the Bonneville salt flats, in the morning at the end of the road waiting for them to open up the salt for the five mile trip to the pits in a year when the salt was particularly great - no soft spots so no 20 mph speed limit, no one lane path.  My son was with me on that trip, we're just spectating.  They turn us loose and it is cars and haulers for a group almost a half mile wide at 70-85 mph (what are you going to prove with the hauler in that crowd...)  Ramble Tamble at max volume.  I keep hoping that happens again but unlikely with what has been happening to the salt.

So many to choose from, always liked this one--David Crosby, Sonoma County Line.

Also love Prince's Little Red Corvette...

Pink Floyd's 'The Division Bell' album is one that always puts me in a driving mood, it was the soundtrack of many mid to late 90s road trips in my '87 Mustang GT 5.0...

• 4 months later...