Model Cars Magazine Forum

What song(s) make you wish for an open road and no speed limit?

Jantrix

Wild Side - Motley Crue

I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar

We Back - Jason Aldean

Jailbreak - AC/DC

Bounty Hunter - Molly Hatchet

Hand On For Your Life - Shooting Star

WEBN in Cincinnati has Big Hair Wednesday at noon every week.....great soundtrack for a lunchtime out of the office

• Like 2

"Magic Carpet Ride," Steppenwolf

"I Won't Back Down," Tom Petty

"Ezy Rider," Jimi Hendrix

"Paint It Black," The Stones

"Time Has Come Today," Chambers Brothers

"Behind These Hazel Eyes," Kelly Clarkson

"Hung Up," Madonna

"Great White Buffalo," Ted Nugent

"Rock Candy," Montrose

"Stand Back," Stevie Nicks

"Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)," Don Felder

• Like 1

So many that make my 88 5.0 Mustang go like heck.

Hit Between the Eyes.....Scorpions

Jessica.....Allman Brothers

Peace in Mississippi.....Jimi Hendrix

Space Station #5.....Montrose

Have A Drink On  Me.....AC/DC

Loose Goose.....Dust

YYZ.....Rush

Party.....Boston

Achilles Heel.....Led Zeppelin

Driver's Seat.....Sniff'n' the Tears

Fool for the City.....Foghat 

Edited by webestang

Could put so many things down here. :)

A few of the top of my head.

Anything from Danko Jones.

Big Sugar - Digging a Hole. And pretty much all of their albums!

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

Fear Factory - Shock

Sepultura - Roots

My wife would disagree with many of these, so there's a big difference between me roadtripping solo, and when we all go for a trip!

The Song Remains The Same by Led Zeppelin, Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd, Running Down a Dream and American Girl by Tom Petty, Rough Housing and Twentieth Century Fox as well as Wild eyed Southern Boys by 38 Special. If you have never heard Twentieth Century Fox I advise you to give as it a listen as it's kind of an obscure tune but boy does it rock.

• Like 1

FREE BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya gotta live in the south to appreciate that one. At the 4:40 mark, you can't help but push that pedal through the floor and give out an old rebel yell. Thinking about going off into the back straight dip at Road Atlanta, before Panoz screwed it up, with that wailing in my ears makes cold chills run up my spine. WFO baby!

As a side story, a friend of mine owned an art studio in Knoxville. A customer waiting on a flight out strolled in just as she put this on her vinyl player. This was in 73 or 74. He was from California and had never heard Lynyrd Skynyrd. He asked who that was and where the closest record store was. Went straight out and bought it. Southern R&R comes to the left coast.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLVMBTIAPE

5 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

Saw them in concert here in Crackramento back in the day and the entire crowd was bouncing up and down playing air guitar during this song. Still one of my favorites (favourites).

7 hours ago, webestang said:

So many that make my 88 5.0 Mustang go like heck.

Yeah, but I have personal experience that reminds me you can't hear much of anything in a Fox body other than wind over about 110 mph. Especially a modded one that still has 3.08:1 gears, an SSV 140 mph speedo, and a girlfriend riding shotgun.

11 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

This has and will always be my favorite.

This is a good one, but must be played so loudly that you will never hear the sirens behind you. Watch the mirrors. Anything Floyd is amazing.

13 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Being an old jet jockey, Kenny loggins Highway to the danger zone always gets me fired up.

The opening sequence to Top Gun is one of my favorites. Can't imagine what it feels like to be spat off of a carrier like that or how difficult it must be to hit the cable landing when your runway is moving up and down.

Berlin's Take My Breath Away in the same movie was splendid as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Saw them in concert here in Crackramento back in the day and the entire crowd was bouncing up and down playing air guitar during this song. Still one of my favorites (favourites).

Lit are such a great band. They were huge in 2000, the year we got married. Listened to this CD a lot on our honeymoon roadtrip. Have never had the chance to see them live, as they've never played anywhere near here.

A radio station here did an amazing job of attracting some "not yet known" bands and some "yes we're known" bands and putting together concerts for $25-40. Many of them were in smaller venues and on weekday evenings. That's where we saw Lit. Green Day was supposed to be here a few times with other opening acts, but they never showed. If you had tickets to one of the concerts they were a no-show at, you got free tickets to the next one they were scheduled to appear at. At the first no-show concert, the first band to play was an unknown "punky" band from Poway, CA. They were amazing, and extremely high energy. Nobody knew who they were at the time, but you are probably familiar with Blink-182 now. We saw them several times, and they eventually elevated to main act.

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

Yeah, but I have personal experience that reminds me you can't hear much of anything in a Fox body other than wind over about 110 mph. Especially a modded one that still has 3.08:1 gears, an SSV 140 mph speedo, and a girlfriend riding shotgun.

I have those gears and BBK 170 mph speedo, headers, Dynomax Mufflers, no girlfriend but mine is a convertible.  Of course that sweet sound of that 5.0 just makes me pop the cassette out.....LOL