Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1932 Ford Hot Rod built from spare parts

rsmodels

Here's something a bit different than I normally post. I do build hot rods once in a while and here is one I built using a variety of spare parts I had.. I love the old AMT kits as well as the old 1/24 Monogram kits and have many of them.

I hope you like this one. Thanks for looking and feel free to leave a comment.  -Rich

DSC01325.JPG

DSC01332.JPG

DSC01339.JPG

DSC01340.JPG

DSC01342.JPG

DSC01343.JPG

DSC01344.JPG

DSC01349.JPG

DSC01350.JPG

DSC01351.JPG

DSC01352.JPG

DSC01353.JPG

DSC01354.JPG

• Like 1

When I first started going to car shows, customized hot rods were prevalent and seeing one these days really brings it all back. You did a stellar job of capturing the “look” of that era.  You nailed the concept, color and detailing perfectly. What a terrific build!

9 hours ago, TooOld said:

That's really sharp !  Love the color and the wheels & tires , where are they from ?

Thanks Bob, The wheels, grille, and side pipes are from the 32 Ford-40 Willys double kit. I checked one of my NOS 32 Deuce kits and the tires are the same except that I hand painted the whitewalls.

s-l1h.jpg

17 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Wow, the 5-Window looks so awesome with all those custom sedan parts! In fact, I think it looks way cooler being a coupe. Beautiful workmanship, too. So rad!

Thanks, the wheels, grille, and sidepipes are from the AMT double 40 Willys/32 Ford kit.

• Like 1