Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2, AMT Chevy 1500 will return in Q2 2023 and 3500 later in 2023/24.

Mattilacken

2 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

A few of these will end up in my stash!

Same here, these look good laid out and were easy to do so with the Promo chassis that the old SnapFast Plus kits had.  Hope that these are as well, that and that they bring back the extended cab with the regular non dually long bed as a kit too, I slammed one of those back in the day and it looked a mile long!

• Like 1

Not to be Negative Nancy here, but I hope there's time to fix the mirrors on the dually. The S10 Blazer style side mirrors were a head scratcher on the original dually. Would be a shame to go to through the trouble of doing an all new kit and keep that very visible screwup intact. Since these have separate lenses hopefully that weird vertical groove won't be in them this time. 😇

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chuck Most said:

Not to be Negative Nancy here, but I hope there's time to fix the mirrors on the dually. The S10 Blazer style side mirrors were a head scratcher on the original dually. Would be a shame to go to through the trouble of doing an all new kit and keep that very visible screwup intact. Since these have separate lenses hopefully that weird vertical groove won't be in them this time. 😇

The mirrors from the C1500 would be better than the ones that were taken from the S10 Blazer. Not sure if Danny at Scenes Unlimited still offers his towing mirrors that would be an option for the C3500.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the box art. I feel like they could have done better with it, but at the end of the day what really matters is what's inside the box. Also, calling it a "Silverado" is technically incorrect since this generation was still referred to as C/K-*500. But I bet they called it a Silverado to appeal to more modern audiences. 

amt1408.jpg.0387652f5585228bc2b17fc09ad27cf3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, av405 said:

True, but the 90's releases also had "C-1500" prominently displayed. Anyhow, not complaining. Just an observation. 

Well, the original '88 longbed box art said only 'Silverado', the '89 and '90 longbeds said 'Silverado C1500', the '90 stepside said 'C1500' as did the SS454...so they are more-or-less consistent..

Edited by Rob Hall

4 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Well, the original '88 longbed box art said only 'Silverado', the '89 and '90 longbows said 'Silverado C1500', the '90 stepside said 'C1500' as did the SS454...so they are more-or-less consistent..

True. I'm assuming this one was the follow up to the original you're talking about? I noticed they added C-1500 to it.

MPC-6096-3.jpg.a1501311aebea4ce0bdfeaa24c25a4c3.jpg

41 minutes ago, av405 said:

True. I'm assuming this one was the follow up to the original you're talking about? I noticed they added C-1500 to it.

MPC-6096-3.jpg.a1501311aebea4ce0bdfeaa24c25a4c3.jpg

Yeah.  The one with the blue truck on the top of the box. That’s the 89, and the 90 (white w/ custom parts on top).   I noticed autocorrect changed ‘longbeds’ to ‘longbows’..

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1