Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Class Of 2022

TooOld

In 2022 I finished more than usual but I only crossed one major project off of my bucket list , the '69 Ranchero GT is a build I've wanted to do for many years and hopefully I can cross off another in 2023 .  I also did maybe the most difficult thing I've ever tried to build , the Metal Earth Space Shuttle/Launch Vehicle . . . with eighty pieces this P.E. kit was a real struggle ! 

Here's my entire Class of 2022 . 

2022 1

2022 2

2022 3

2022 4

2022 5

2022 6

2022 7

2022 8

2022 9

2022 11

• Like 8

Now that is a class anyone can be proud of. You have my TOP grail ( Bug Bomb, my first ever model) , and Li'l Herbie of which I never new even existed. The Ranchero is a stunner and the vintage Zingers are a perfect nightcap.

What a year you had brother Bob.

16 hours ago, Joe Nunes said:

A great collection of models for the year!  I really enjoyed the photos you shared with us. Well done!  👍

Joe

15 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking box art style builds. I remember the Ranchero and it is defiantly something special. 

15 hours ago, Zippi said:

Pretty nice builds for 2022.

14 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

You had a very productive year with many varied and very well built models. Your Ranchero is a beauty as is your MGB GT. I like the rest as well.

14 hours ago, bbowser said:

Great work on them all, that Ranchero is outstanding!  I like all the fantasy rods as well.

11 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

Interesting variety of builds! 

Thanks very much everybody !

10 hours ago, Dragline said:

Now that is a class anyone can be proud of. You have my TOP grail ( Bug Bomb, my first ever model) , and Li'l Herbie of which I never new even existed. The Ranchero is a stunner and the vintage Zingers are a perfect nightcap.

What a year you had brother Bob.

Thanks much Bob !  That Bug Bomb has become very very hard to find , maybe if you can scrounge parts someone may be able to supply a body (hint hint).

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ModelcarJR said:

I like 'em all but the Ranchero is really special! I also built the Digger and it was a fun one. I'll have to get it out and re-build it again as I think it fell apart. Nice work! 😎👍

Thanks very much John ! The Ranchero is a replica of one my late Brother In Law owned years ago so it's special to me too .  The Digger is kind of unusual too , those photos don't really tell the whole story . . . maybe this explains it better .

1 (2)

Edited by TooOld

2 hours ago, TooOld said:

Thanks much Bob !  That Bug Bomb has become very very hard to find , maybe if you can scrounge parts someone may be able to supply a body (hint hint).

That is indeed good to know. I have not truly actively looked for a BB. There was a complete on eBay for 400.00 which was more than I was willing to pay.

Eventually I will pony up for what I need to get one done.

On 1/7/2023 at 8:54 PM, Slotto said:

Good stuff Bob. Really like that Red Baron!

On 1/7/2023 at 10:18 PM, Bills72sj said:

Those Zingers look like a bit a fun.

On 1/8/2023 at 3:29 PM, slusher said:

Great collection of builds for the year!

21 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Cool builds!

3 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

A real nice variety of subjects. The Ranchero is awesome.

Thanks again everybody , much appreciated !