Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 GTO

yellowsportwagon

1 hour ago, Tcoat said:

Beautiful and a nice choice of colour.

How did you do the vinyl roof? It is very effective. 

I glue .010x.030 strip on for moldings and top seams. I round off the seams with sandpaper. I then mask the rest of the body off and spray 8 to 10 mist coats of this on it. From about two feet away. Allow to dry ten minutes between coats. Don’t use enamels they dry to slow and won’t make the grainy look happen.

30 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

D47C1EE6-1C8F-427F-8E5B-E40F23DA4AE5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Fine looking model of one of the best looking cars GM ever sold.  :D

Yep, what Bill said. Beautiful build Tim. Great colour,  stance, and wheel choice. I really like the printed, oversized, “factory”wheels. What technique did you use for the vinyl roof, it looks perfect.

4 hours ago, yellowsportwagon said:

I glue .010x.030 strip on for moldings and top seams. I round off the seams with sandpaper. I then mask the rest of the body off and spray 8 to 10 mist coats of this on it. From about two feet away. Allow to dry ten minutes between coats. Don’t use enamels they dry to slow and won’t make the grainy look happen.

Thanks! I use the liquid cement and an old brush too stipple the surface method but yours looks more even and less labour intensive.