Model Cars Magazine Forum

"There Goes your Christmas Bonus!"

tiking

Superb! All I've got to say is 'OOPS'. I've nearly done that a few times! I was working as a temp at a warehouse and after training they let me loose with a fork lift truck. 'Pat' they said 'unload that pallet off the back of the small Luton van', a small box van in the UK.

I didn't realise that the amount of stuff on the pallet was higher than I had lifted the roller shutter door on the van. I put the forks under the pallet started to reverse, caught the roller door and pulled it out of both side channels creasing the alloy badly! Very OOPS, first day! The warehouse manager came out from his office onto the yard smiled and shook my hand! The van was old and he couldn't justify the cost of a newer one, so as the damage would cost of fixing would cost more than the value of the van, they could have a newer one at last! So going from about to get the sack to a cheer from the warehouse staff! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PatW said:

Superb! All I've got to say is 'OOPS'. I've nearly done that a few times! I was working as a temp at a warehouse and after training they let me loose with a fork lift truck. 'Pat' they said 'unload that pallet off the back of the small Luton van', a small box van in the UK.

I didn't realise that the amount of stuff on the pallet was higher than I had lifted the roller shutter door on the van. I put the forks under the pallet started to reverse, caught the roller door and pulled it out of both side channels creasing the alloy badly! Very OOPS, first day! The warehouse manager came out from his office onto the yard smiled and shook my hand! The van was old and he couldn't justify the cost of a newer one, so as the damage would cost of fixing would cost more than the value of the van, they could have a newer one at last! So going from about to get the sack to a cheer from the warehouse staff! 

What a story. Thanks for sharing it.

2 hours ago, ChrisR said:

COOL!!!!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 3:59 PM, RCScaler said:

Fantastic!! I can almost feel the emotion of the driver and the anger of his boss!! Your ‘pictures’ really are worth a thousand words!!! Great job!!!! 

Thank you so much. Much appreciated. :)

Edited by tiking

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 3:33 PM, crazyjim said:

So realistic.  Excellent work.

Glad you approve. :)

On 3/24/2023 at 5:54 PM, NYLIBUD said:

That is incredible.I swear the two figures look so real.😳

My humble thanks. 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:26 PM, charlie8575 said:

This is awesome.

Charlie Larkin

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Charles, I'm guessing you have sold your soul to the devil somewhere along the way. I can think of no other reason for you absolutely impeccable and authentic weathering. Your dioramas are always such a pleasure to check out. So much fine detail. So much realism. Even successfully capturing the emotions on the faces of the two guys. No small feat, that. The face of the driver is just perfect. So impressive. Excellent work.

On 4/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Poorly-done figures can ruin an otherwise fine diorama. Yours are always fantastic! I love your work!

I appreciate the uplifting comments. I am still struggling to improve on them. But time will tell. Thank you. ~

On 4/14/2023 at 5:44 PM, Bainford said:

Charles, I'm guessing you have sold your soul to the devil somewhere along the way. I can think of no other reason for you absolutely impeccable and authentic weathering. Your dioramas are always such a pleasure to check out. So much fine detail. So much realism. Even successfully capturing the emotions on the faces of the two guys. No small feat, that. The face of the driver is just perfect. So impressive. Excellent work.

A big thank you. Much appreciated. Glad you like the results.