Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Kit From Round 2 - AMT 1963 Ford F100 Styleside (Unibody) with Camper Top

tim boyd

On 4/24/2023 at 11:54 AM, tim boyd said:

I do not know if the blower will make the Round 2 kit or not, but in any case, Replicas and Miniatures offers the entire blower setup in their catalog....TB 

If not I bet the smaller one from the '57 Ford NASCAR kit will be adaptable, maybe even the entire 312 Y block will work, I am thinking that to keep it vintage appearing that the chrome T-bird engine from the old '34 pickup kit might be a good idea.

2 hours ago, horsepower said:

If not I bet the smaller one from the '57 Ford NASCAR kit will be adaptable, maybe even the entire 312 Y block will work, I am thinking that to keep it vintage appearing that the chrome T-bird engine from the old '34 pickup kit might be a good idea.

Del...Round 2's Steve Goldman confirmed that the kit will include the blown y-block option.  However, for the best level of detail, the Revell '57 Ford Custom Sedan kits have the y-Block of choice.  OF course, the real one didn't offer a blower option but the engine from the nascar kit, as you suggest, would be a very, very cool way to go in my view.  Best...TB 

• Like 1

The huge blower in the pickup kit is neat in its own right.  It resembles (to me, anyway) the superchargers used on the Harry Miller/Gulf Oil Indy cars of the late Thirties.  That said, for a more "factory appearing" setup, the Revell '57 Ford parts are the way to go.  The AMT '57 Ford also has a blower setup, but that one is a custom deal.  The carb is enclosed/covered with a pressure box, and I think the supercharger is on the opposite side from the factory '57 setup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Trendsetta68 said:

It would be kool if there were camping equipment included (Tent, sleeping bags, thermos, rifle, etc.) if there isn't any that is ... 😁

I don't see it happening the first time out, but maybe later issues could have it.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

What is the latest on release of this kit, or have I completely missed it?

No dates have been published that I know of, it's safe to assume 4th quarter of this year or early next year...

Edited by Rob Hall

The first test shots for AMT1412 '63 Ford F-100 Camper Pickup, AMT1407 '60 Ford F-100 Pickup with Trailer and MPC997 '71 Dodge Demon arrived mid-August and I've been busy completing the reviews and the first build ups.  I'm still trying to get all three released before the year is out.  Of the pickup trucks AMT1407 is supposed to ship first with other to follow about 8 weeks later, all subject to change based on final approvals.

The box art for all three will most likely debut at the New York Toy Fair on Sept 30th.  The built models are with me in Ohio and will most likely debut Oct 14th at the Plastic Undercover Show in Akron.  I also plan to be at the Detroit show too in Nov.  I may share some photos between now and then, will see. 

-Steve

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, SteveG said:

The first test shots for AMT1412 '63 Ford F-100 Camper Pickup, AMT1407 '60 Ford F-100 Pickup with Trailer and MPC997 '71 Dodge Demon arrived mid-August and I've been busy completing the reviews and the first build ups.  I'm still trying to get all three released before the year is out.  Of the pickup trucks AMT1407 is supposed to ship first with other to follow about 8 weeks later, all subject to change based on final approvals.

The box art for all three will most likely debut at the New York Toy Fair on Sept 30th.  The built models are with me in Ohio and will most likely debut Oct 14th at the Plastic Undercover Show in Akron.  I also plan to be at the Detroit show too in Nov.  I may share some photos between now and then, will see. 

-Steve

Thanks for the update, Steve!   TB

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SteveG said:

-Steve

Very welcome news! Looking forward to the 63 F-100, and the Demon. The F-100 is one of my favorite kits from my youth, and the Demon will be a replica of the real one I owned in '77!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 6:47 PM, oldcarfan said:

I can't wait for the Fords to come out. Now maybe Round 2 can be encouraged to retool the parts to turn their Chevy van into the Open Road Motorhome again!

aaopenroadcamper.PNG

We now have correct 8 lug wheel and correct hubcap sources, something that did exist when this kit came out. A few very nice 1:1's still exist.

369998643_24084268214491786_7444765740581755006_n.jpg

370427148_24084279277824013_6649785381943448857_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Who offers those ? I'd be keen on getting a set or two !

Got these caps and wheels, they are excellent 4x4 hubs and Chevy truck hubcaps for 16.5" wheels (GF4LDP7N6) by BasementResin (shapeways.com) and wheels 8-lug wheels 16.5 x 8.5 inch wheels + backs, V2 (NA7CQTW6Y) by BasementResin (shapeways.com)

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1