Model Cars Magazine Forum

Almost afraid to ask

Rattlecan Dan

17 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Has anyone heard anything about Donn Yost? I fear for him and that awful affliction he has been dealing with. I check with Fundamental Fridays every week. Keep hoping for the best.

SWhats wrong with him?   I have not seen a post of his on here in a while..

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, peteski said:

Regardless of whether it is on FB or not, direct link to Donn's obit  has been posted here 5 posts earlier.

That is a very, very, very sketchy obituary. Just read it for goodness sakes. I hope that whoever did this gets what is so deservedly coming to them.

21 minutes ago, peteski said:

Regardless of whether it is on FB or not, direct link to Donn's obit  has been posted here 5 posts earlier.

Guess I should clarify, I am not on Facebook thus I can’t see what is being referenced in the post with the Facebook link. 

2 hours ago, Engine 51 said:

Guess I should clarify, I am not on Facebook thus I can’t see what is being referenced in the post with the Facebook link. 

The link is to Donn's FB page where several people local to him have made contact with him this evening and he is very much still amongst the living. 

The Obit posted earlier is some sort of AI generated hoax/scam which a simple 30 seconds looking at - and comparing it to any real obituary anyone had ever read in their life - should have set off alarm bells of sketchy suspiciousness. 

Also anyone that ever knew Donn knows he's quite the larger than life personality...I mean he played videos of himself on TVs at Hobby Shows vendor tables for the better part of a decade. That he would slide off this earth 3 months ago and no one would have noticed is frankly impossible. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

My apologies, I thought it was a legit obituary and knowing that he and his health had been discussed here, I posted it without knowing it was a fake, it was a long day yesterday and I was pretty tired when I saw that and should have known better. I met Donn years ago at a show and he seemed like a nice enough guy. Sorry to have caused any problems.

9 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

My apologies, I thought it was a legit obituary and knowing that he and his health had been discussed here, I posted it without knowing it was a fake, it was a long day yesterday and I was pretty tired when I saw that and should have known better. I met Donn years ago at a show and he seemed like a nice enough guy. Sorry to have caused any problems.

There should be no need to apologize nor should you be chastised for anything.  

I've seen people post weird or strange stuff upon someone's passing.  

The person that should be chastised is the one who posted it.  In fact, it may well be a criminal offence...

Edited by showrods

39 minutes ago, showrods said:

There should be no need to apologize nor should you be chastised for anything.  

I've seen people post weird or strange stuff upon someone's passing.  

The person that should be chastised is the one who posted it.  In fact, it may well be a criminal offence...

I agree. There have been fake obituaries for big name celebrities. However how could you expect that would be the case for someone like Donn.

Unfortunately there are some sick people in the world who get their kicks off of doing sick and cruel things like this.

In good news (hopefully), I saw it posted on Donn's Youtube channel that someone had spoken to his nephew and he's still with us.

Not sure who this 'RW" person is who seems to be so misinformed though.  And that obituary thing is just creepy...

Edited by CabDriver