Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom revell 60 impala

Hicksie1995

Here’s my 1960 Impala. Wheels are from JPS and the engine is iceman. Other than that all the chrome was stripped and sprayed so it all was uniform. Also the seats are done with scale motor sports decals and other small details. Since finishing the car has won best of show at the mid Atlantic NNL, my local club contest, multiple awards at the NSRA show in York PA including the NSRA pick, and placed second in the iceman collections buildoff. This build was extremely fun even though I hit a stall and lost motivation in the middle. 

IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_2888.jpeg

IMG_2867.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2748.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2740.jpeg

IMG_2738.jpeg

IMG_2680.jpeg

IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2679.jpeg

IMG_2667.jpeg

IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

• Like 13

I can see why you have won all of the awards. A lot of intricate detailing everywhere you look on this. The paint work really stands out, but the attention to the interior detailing catches my eye as well as the engine. 

• Thanks 1

Wow! That is some top notch paint work. The engine detailing is awesome. Interior paint and detailing is gorgeous as well. And by no means am I trying to disparage you or nit pick your gorgeous build, but if I could offer one bit of constructive advice it would be to get rid of the mold line across the top of the radiator going forward. It was a detail pointed out to me several years ago and now I can’t not see them. Also, the wheel choice and stance outstanding as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1