Model Cars Magazine Forum

QR codes...WOW! 76 pages additional on Randy Derr's Corvette in issue 220.

QR codes... kind of slipped my notice but man! 76 pages! This is astonishing amount of work documenting the skill and creativity and persistence to make this car happen.

Truly a master class. Thank you to all at the magazine for including this.

1 hour ago, Oliver77 said:

QR codes... kind of slipped my notice but man! 76 pages! This is astonishing amount of work documenting the skill and creativity and persistence to make this car happen.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Greenwood-Sebring-75-Corvette-Build-Summary.pdf

Here is the link for those that have not received the magazine yet.  It will take a few minutes to load - yes it is 76 pages.

Thank you for the PDF file.

FYI...I scanned the QR Code and it took me to the Registration Site for FANJESTIC.  Once I created my login, it took me to the next step to verify my account with a Credit Card.  The FANJESTIC site is free for 5 days after that you will be billed $49.95 a MONTH (unless you cancel within the 5 days).

"F" that!

Not this kid!

Edited by BDSchindler

41 minutes ago, BDSchindler said:

FYI...I scanned the QR Code and it took me to the Registration Site for FANJESTIC.  Once I created my login, it took me to the next step to verify my account with a Credit Card.  The FANJESTIC site is free for 5 days after that you will be billed $49.95 a MONTH (unless you cancel within the 5 days).

"F" that!

Not this kid!

Took me right to the pdf download.  I was able to open it right up and read it without signing up for anything. Do you have a pdf reader? Rather than the QR code, maybe the link would be better? 

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Greenwood-Sebring-75-Corvette-Build-Summary.pdf

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BDSchindler said:

"F" that!

Not this kid!

Did you scan the code from the magazine or use the link above.  That’s weird as the PDF file was from the QR code.  I copied the link into my reply and I did not see a FANJESTIC site or require a login or any verification.  To be safe perhaps someone can just upload the PDF document but even doing that these days is not without risk with all the scammers out there imbedding spyware and viruses in documents.

7 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Did you scan the code from the magazine or use the link above.  That’s weird as the PDF file was from the QR code.  I copied the link into my reply and I did not see a FANJESTIC site or require a login or any verification.  To be safe perhaps someone can just upload the PDF document but even doing that these days is not without risk with all the scammers out there imbedding spyware and viruses in documents.

Scanned the QR Code from the magazine

1 hour ago, monza77 said:

Downloaded and opened the PDF with no trouble. Glanced through the file but didn't see where he sourced a 1 12

scale C4 Corvette.  I was not aware of any. 

I'm 99% sure it's the Doyusha kit (C3 generation) he used. He showed me the original box when I visited him both before and after it was finished. 

1 hour ago, Zoom Zoom said:

I'm 99% sure it's the Doyusha kit (C3 generation) he used. He showed me the original box when I visited him both before and after it was finished. 

Thanks for the info. Yes C3 is right.

On 7/25/2023 at 9:03 AM, Oliver77 said:

That would be a $14.99 special edition if the departed Scale Auto had published it 😁

Really enjoyed spending a coupla three hours reading through this - thanks Randy, and MCM!  I love the bonus content you guys throw in now and then - the downloadable printable parts, extras like this...keep up the GREAT work! 

Edited by CabDriver
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2023 at 6:50 PM, BDSchindler said:

"F" that!

Not this kid!

you've got a dodgy app if its doing that. was it a free app on your phone? theres a load of free apps that only exist to do this. you're not the first either, someone else got caught out earlier in the year. it is not a problem with the qr code or the magazines end, but something in one of your apps you use to scan the qr code. you'll also need to change your passwords and pass codes after deleting the dodgy app cos they will have stolen them. you can search your email on haveibeenpwned.com to see how much info has been stolen and how often, fyi; i show up in 64 hacks  and thats a low number really

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

you've got a dodgy app if its doing that. was it a free app on your phone? theres a load of free apps that only exist to do this. you're not the first either, someone else got caught out earlier in the year. it is not a problem with the qr code or the magazines end, but something in one of your apps you use to scan the qr code. you'll also need to change your passwords and pass codes after deleting the dodgy app cos they will have stolen them. you can search your email on haveibeenpwned.com to see how much info has been stolen and how often, fyi; i show up in 64 hacks  and thats a low number really

I just Google FANJESTIC and it is a scam. Do not give them your credit card info if asked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 10:50 AM, BDSchindler said:

"F" that!

Not this kid!

Most likely, your device is infected with something that's hijacking the QR codes. That code should take you straight to the build book. 

• 3 months later...