Model Cars Magazine Forum

Noticed Ace-Garageguy hasn't been on site since 7/22

bobthehobbyguy

I have a whole different take on his absence.  I even PM'd a moderator and thanked him, assuming he has been locked out of the forum for his many negative comments, his denigrating the youth of today, managers, women, USPS, eBay and many other people and factions.  His constant use of vulgarities (or camouflaged) utterances which he KNOWS are against forum rules but keeps pushing the envelope as though rules don't apply to him.  But the biggest complaint I have is his constant "doom and gloom" postings.

For the past four or five days It has been a real treat to see the forum being used for what it is intended for, an online site that is intended for those of us who enjoy building plastic scale models of cars and trucks.  And offers a chance to interact with others who share that hobby.

Not for one individual to post their negative, offensive commentary, and derision of many people and entities.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, modelercarl said:

I have a whole different take on his absence.  I even PM'd a moderator and thanked him, assuming he has been locked out of the forum for his many negative comments, his denigrating the youth of today, managers, women, USPS, eBay and many other people and factions.  His constant use of vulgarities (or camouflaged) utterances which he KNOWS are against forum rules but keeps pushing the envelope as though rules don't apply to him.  But the biggest complaint I have is his constant "doom and gloom" postings.

For the past four or five days It has been a real treat to see the forum being used for what it is intended for, an online site that is intended for those of us who enjoy building plastic scale models of cars and trucks.  And offers a chance to interact with others who share that hobby.

Not for one individual to post their negative, offensive commentary, and derision of many people and entities.

You have a pm.

1 hour ago, modelercarl said:

You do know, Carl, If you hover over someone's avatar to the left of the screen, there pops up a small menu. At the bottom right on that menu is an "ignore" button. It will save you from having to look at posts from anyone you don't want to interact with on this site. 👍

BTW, I should add, I didn't mean this post in a mean to hurtful way at all, just mentioning a feature that some on this board don't know about.

Edited by Can-Con
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, modelercarl said:

Well, thank goodness you took the high road.

• Haha 2

Ugh. Here we go again. Could we all just not use the model car forum to air grievances or make snide comments about each other or the world in general? These types of posts are what drive me away from forums as a whole.

Edited by redscampi
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, redscampi said:

Ugh. Here we go again. Could we all just not use the model car forum to air grievances or make snide comments about each other or the world in general? These types of posts are what drive me away from forums as a whole.

I agree.  My sole intent is to make sure Bill isn't having a health issue. I didn't want to assume his absence was because of his move and find out it was health related. Was hoping someone could clarify.

9 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I agree.  My sole intent is to make sure Bill isn't having a health issue. I didn't want to assume his absence was because of his move and find out it was health related. Was hoping someone could clarify.

Well Bob, no good deed goes unpunished sometimes. 😌

• Haha 2

I just kinda assumed he was busy with his move.  Hope that all there is to it.  His experience and skills have been a huge help to me, especially when I was really struggling with paint issues.

As far as any drama, I never really saw that side, and it’s not my concern.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Danno said:

Wow, Carl. You've got some . . . issues . . . there.

[Rest of thought redacted after third reading before posting.]

Danno, you did the right thing. Trust me. ;)

More later, probably. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoy Bill’s take on things, and his extensive knowledge that he will altruistically share with anyone that asks for help.  

He’s taught me a bunch without ever having met him, so I selfishly hope he returns soon

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Danno, you did the right thing. Trust me. ;)

More later, probably. ;)

Very sage advice. It's often way to easy to type an inappropriate response.  I've typed stuff , reread it , and realized it was best not to go there and delete it.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 8:45 PM, redscampi said:

make snide comments

But its OK for Ace to do it?? Majority of his post are riddled with comments putting others or something in the world down...he sounds like a very angry person at times..

Edited by Vintage AMT
  • Like 2

The comments I'm referring to are the ones that are obviously aimed at other members, trying to get an emotional response. I haven't particularly noticed Bill doing anything of the sort. I appreciate his rather cynical sense of humor and share many of his sentiments, but I'm interested in the site remaining a neutral zone, if you will.

• Like 2