Model Cars Magazine Forum

Huge spider living by my door.

JollySipper

11 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Oh hell no,those spiders would be gone real quick if they came anywhere near my house.Anybody got a flame thrower?Sniff,sniff,aww too bad,barbecue spider.Mmm,yummy.🤪How about this big guy right here,The Goliath bird-eating spider.Good thing is,that this HUGE,& freaky spider is mainly found in S.America,and some parts of Africa.😧

IMG_6241.webp

Just the picture gave me a chill up my spine!LOL

my sister calls me to catch spiders in her house. she will stand as far away from the spider in the same room to be sure she sees where it is when i get there. it doesn't matter what time of the day or night it is, she just wont be able to move until she knows its caught. and it has to be caught a special way too, one time i picked it up with my hand and she didn't speak to me for nearly 3 days (it was bliss, lol) i dont know what she does if a house she goes to in her paramedic job has spiders

I had a red legged tarantula back in the day. Best pet you  own. All I had to do was feed and water it. Never had to clean the cage. No I don't know why but I didn't. No visible excrement to tend to. One of those pets that if you didn't want to hold it you didn't need to. I would just to freak out girls. It died in mid-molt so yes, molting is hard on them.

I like ball pythons too, haven't owned one yet.

Edited by DPNM

I hate spiders but for some reason tarantulas didn't bother me.

I was watching a friends in 6th grade while he was away over Christmas break and it managed to get out of it's home and I never did find him.

I was afraid it would turn up in either my sisters or grandmas bedroom one day!

My friend didn't get mad just said it was the second one that got away!!!

We had an Orb spider at our back door last summer. "Butt" was about as big as a nickel. I moved it to beside the shed cause the kids didn't want to go to the backyard. I looked a couple times to see if it made a new web there but never did. Must have said heck with us! 

I seen a black wasp's nest forming in my garage last week so I decided to knock it down, I got it with the end of my shop broom and when it fell to the floor 1 black wasp came flying out but to my amazement a family of spiders (10 in all) the same species as what yours looks like were in the nest as well! I was in disbelief. after I took this photo for proof, I squashed em!😁

20230824_160535.jpg

• Sad 1