Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbylinc Shipping

I just placed my first order with Hobbylinc on Monday morning.  It's showing that it will be shipped in 5 day.  That seems like a long time to get an order together and ship it.  Is this normal for Hobbylinc?

22 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Thanks for the info fellows.  The reason I choose Hobbylinc is because they sell the Revell enamel paint for a cheap price.  

They have the best prices on just about everything, but the drawback is they take a while to ship. They are very transparent about the shipping speed, so I guess it just depends what is more important, the best price, or getting it quickly.  One place mentioned above has the highest prices on everything but ships immediately. It is all a tradeoff. 

Yeah hobbylinc is legit. It does take a few days for them to start pulling stuff from the warehouse. I have an order coming in tomorrow from them as well. Scalehobbyist, Sprubrothers, megahobby, modelroundup, Burbank house of hobbies, hiroboy, plazajapan few places I shop from other than hobbylinc. 

Because aware of their 4 day order processing time a few weeks when making a purchase from them on Ebay, wasnt till after I placed the order I noticed the time, ended up canceling the order , because of the timing of the when the order was placed, it was going to be closer to 6 days.   The kit price and the shipping was very good , cheaper than the other sellers, kind of wish I wasnt impatient .......

Edited by martinfan5

15 hours ago, R. Thorne said:

Yes, it is sop with them.  Another one of the reasons my favorite is Scalehobbyist.

Short time ago, I sent them an email asking if they had an idea of when they might be getting a product back in stock, not an important, I sent it at 10pm my time on the west coast, I got a reply like maybe 15 minutes later.   Good prices on both product and shipping.

9 hours ago, Dpate said:

Yeah hobbylinc is legit. It does take a few days for them to start pulling stuff from the warehouse. I have an order coming in tomorrow from them as well. Scalehobbyist, Sprubrothers, megahobby, modelroundup, Burbank house of hobbies, hiroboy, plazajapan few places I shop from other than hobbylinc. 

Thanks man.  I prefer to support my local hobby shop but this time around I wanted to try the revell enamel paint which they could only get buy the case. 

5 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Because aware of their 4 day order processing time a few weeks when making a purchase from them on Ebay, wasnt till after I placed the order I noticed the time, ended up canceling the order , because of the timing of the when the order was placed, it was going to be closer to 6 days.   The kit price and the shipping was very good , cheaper than the other sellers, kind of wish I wasnt impatient .......

Same here.  I placed my order before they opened on the Monday (21st) then got an email telling me my order would be pulled from the shelf and shipped on Friday (25th).  I guess they only have one person filling orders.   

Short time ago, I sent them an email asking if they had an idea of when they might be getting a product back in stock, not an important, I sent it at 10pm my time on the west coast, I got a reply like maybe 15 minutes later.   Good prices on both product and shipping.

That was a fast response.  Yup, they seem to have most items cheaper than a lot of others. 

Their website has a 'Notify me when in stock' which I use and works well. 

Current order placed 08/21/23 around 13:00 shipped today 8/24/23.......not to bad IMHO.

Just a FYI

My order at Speedway Motors I placed today at 15:00 shipped 2 hours later. 

So it varies greatly by company!!!! 

Edited by Dave Van

On 8/24/2023 at 4:04 PM, Dave Van said:

Current order placed 08/21/23 around 13:00 shipped today 8/24/23.......not to bad IMHO.

Just a FYI

My order at Speedway Motors I placed today at 15:00 shipped 2 hours later. 

So it varies greatly by company!!!! 

Thanks fellows.  My order has been shipped after placing the order 5 days ago.