Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boss 351

Hard_2_Handle_454

Saw one in the forum in this same color and knew I had to do another car in that color.  This probably some of my best work.

53192034874_656261f539_k.jpgSAM_1465 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53192428175_8c107c68c4_k.jpgSAM_1466 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53192598633_905293aef4_k.jpgSAM_1467 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53192034814_16dfdea625_k.jpgSAM_1468 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53192428120_7029d17a30_k.jpgSAM_1469 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53192034809_8bf87431f7_k.jpgSAM_1470 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

• Like 12

On 9/19/2023 at 1:28 AM, Sledsel said:

Looks great... Love the color!!!!

Ironically, the lower front suspension is backwards. The strut arms go forward. I wonder if the instructions are messed up since this is not the first build I have seen installed like this. Not to criticize, an FYI.

347177_39457ffef08f73_mustang__blue_1751_undercarriage5.jpg

Yeah, it's what the instructions showed, and everything lined up right with the holes.  The instructions were even in color to show what the parts should look like when finished.

3 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

Nice work!  Is this the new Revell Boss 351 "New Tooling" kit?  I have one that I will be building into a Mach 1 to match my 1:1!  I also have the AMT Mach 1 kit to practice on before I start the Revell kit! 

So here’s the Revell kit I’m building and an AMT one I threw together side by side.  I even “cheated” on the AMT kit by making something resemble a 351C engine since the AMT kit comes with a 289 Windsor or a 428CJ engine both of which are not correct  for any 71-73 Mustang.  I think practicing on the AMT kit will make you appreciate the Revell kit and the efforts that went into making it very accurate.

IMG_9985.jpeg

55 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

So here’s the Revell kit I’m building and an AMT one I threw together side by side.  I even “cheated” on the AMT kit by making something resemble a 351C engine since the AMT kit comes with a 289 Windsor or a 428CJ engine both of which are not correct  for any 71-73 Mustang.  I think practicing on the AMT kit will make you appreciate the Revell kit and the efforts that went into making it very accurate.

IMG_9985.jpeg

That's the plan!  I'm going to practice on the AMT kit and then build the Revell kit to the extreme!  (Or as extreme as I can manage to get, LOL!)  I recognize your name...you are or used to be on 7173mustangs.com! 

5 minutes ago, RocketFoot said:

That's the plan!  I'm going to practice on the AMT kit and then build the Revell kit to the extreme!  (Or as extreme as I can manage to get, LOL!)  I recognize your name...you are or used to be on 7173mustangs.com! 

Yes I go by Vamach1 on the 7173mustangs.com website and Facebook.  As for extreme adding all the wiring and heater hoses and brake lines etc. would make the Revell build awesome.  Opening the doors and trunk would be take it to a whole other level.

42 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Yes I go by Vamach1 on the 7173mustangs.com website and Facebook.  As for extreme adding all the wiring and heater hoses and brake lines etc. would make the Revell build awesome.  Opening the doors and trunk would be take it to a whole other level.

I don't think I'm that guy, Rex...LOL!  I haven't even built a model since 9th grade (over 40 years ago!)  But I do want to give it my best!  I just bought a bunch of modeling gear including an air brush!  I am just about ready to start on the AMT kit!

3 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

I don't think I'm that guy, Rex...LOL!  I haven't even built a model since 9th grade (over 40 years ago!)  But I do want to give it my best!  I just bought a bunch of modeling gear including an air brush!  I am just about ready to start on the AMT kit!

Welcome back to car modeling and I recognized your name but did not make the connection at first.  I never really stopped and have managed to collect far more than I have built in the last 40 years.  When I started collecting diecast there were very few 71-73 Mustangs and the amount you can buy now is crazy.  Not a bad thing.

• Like 1