Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1964 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible.

StevenGuthmiller

Really enjoyed following your excellent WIP on this build Steve, a real master-class in the fine scale model building. Thank you for all the efforts you put into and details you shared in your WIP postings.

My favorite parts of this beautiful Pontiac are the incredibly realistic engine bay and the weathered undercarriage. I’d love to see what you could do building a weathered WWII warbird, AFV or ship model kit, I’m sure you’d win awards in whatever genres you were to build. Bravo!

Edited by papajohn97
Grammer correction

I would like to take a moment and thank you all for all of your wonderful comments, and a special thank you to all of those who followed along and encouraged me, and offered suggestions along the journey.

Your interest and input help me a great deal as the project progresses.

You're instrumental in keeping me motivated to continue on with these long projects, and for that, I am truly grateful.

Likewise, I would like to thank any of you that may have contributed materials, parts, or just plain advice to help me to bring this project to fruition.

Above all, I would like to thank the academy............Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

Sincerely, I appreciate all of the help and encouragement!

Steve

When I first looked at this model I thought it was a 1:1. I've seen other highly detailed models that look real but still looked like a scale model. I couldn't put my finger on it until I saw the undercarriage photo. By levelling the bottom part of the tyres you have created the illusion of weight. Well done Steve and thanks for sharing. 

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍